Welcome to Helen Keller Middle School Counseling Support Page
The goal to the HKMS Counseling Support team is to promote success and well being by working cooperatively working with students, parents, teachers, staff and the community. Each member of the HKMS counseling support team provides unique services within the HKMS community.
Talking about Race, Racism, and Violence with Children
Take Care of your Mental Health During Distance Learning
- Take breaks from the news stories about COVID-19. Too much information can overwhelming.
- Take care of yourself by getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and making sure you are still moving.
- Practice mindfulness
- Take a walk outside
- Have fun cooking healthy recipes
- Make connections with family or friends virtually through Google hangout or Facetime
- Practice hobbies and activities you enjoy.
Go to the Resources tab to see more like these:
- 20 Art Therapy Activities You Can Try At Home To Destress
- The Calm Place
- Managing Your Health During COVID-19
- Six Ways to Practice Grounding
The HKMS Counseling Support team provides a variety of services including:
Individual counseling is confidential (unless safety is a concern). During these sessions students issues are addressed, such as academic progress, problem solving, goal setting, personal problems affecting school and other issues that may be impacting learning.
Groups are formed when a common needs arise for small groups of students. Some examples include, transition to middle school, preparing to transition to high school, balancing school/social life, and peer conflicts.
Click to read more about each team member
If you have any questions or concerns, parents are always welcome to contact us by phone, email or schedule an appointment.
Students are welcome to visit the counseling office. If someone is not available, students are should email to schedule an appointment.