Epic Charter School Student Council
Welcome to Student Council
Founded in August, 2018, Epic Charter Schools Student Council reaches all 77 counties of our state. With this vast reach, we are proud to positively impact so many communities. In no way do we underestimate this responsibility. We are committed to making positive change in Oklahoma.
The purpose of Student Council is to promote spirit, be a connection between administration and student body, and provide leadership opportunities in the school and in the community. It is through these missions that we build teamwork and responsibility within each member. Through participation, members will learn to solve real problems and make real decisions.
The Student Council Code is: Live with courage. Take pride in what you do. Always finish what you start. Do what has to be done. Be tough. Be fair. When you make a promise, keep it. Be loyal to the team. Talk less and listen more. This code will change the world. We believe it and we will see it through!
Members of Student Council pledge the following:
- Always have a "can do" attitude about all activities
- Create team spirit within the school
- Be ready to do any job, no matter how great or small
- Complete all jobs on time and to the best of his or her ability
- Respect everyone's ideas
- Understand this privilege
- Take his or her responsibility seriously
- Empowered students are vehicles for positive change in their school and in their community.
- Student leaders have the responsibility to be positive role models.
- Student Councils play a vital role in preserving knowledge of and practice in the democratic process.
- Leadership training programs are essential to allow developing leaders to achieve their full potential.