Third Grade Class Page
- Our next ESA American Red Cross Blood Drive is on April 24th from 10:00-2:30. We will have the mobile unit again on campus during that day. Our goal is to have 30+ donations for this drive. Please consider donating blood to help save lives in our community and the world.
- STOCK THE SHELVES: Third grade is responsible for stocking the shelves of the downstairs teacher's lounge for the month of May. Please see the sign-up genius for ways you can help. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0849aaae2ca5fa7-mayenvision
- From Coach Z: I cant believe its this time of year already...Wednesday may 9th, K -1 9:00-10:30, 2-3 11:00 -12:30, 4-5 12:50 - 2:20. I will have your station assignments and schedule to you hopefully by Monday the 7th. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f45a8ad2ca5f94-2018
- Calling all proctors! ESA will need MANY proctors to help with the EOG’s in May. If you’re able and willing to help with this, please see the following links:
- Link for proctor training: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4aaead2ba2f58-esaproctor
- Link for proctor test dates: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4aaead2ba2f58-eogdates
- ESA has changed from three lunch blocks to four in order to reduce the number of children in the dining commons at any one time. Our schedule has not changed all that tremendously, and is as follows:
8:25-9:22 Block 1
9:22-10:07 Eagle Time
11:02-12:02 Block 2
1:12-2:08 Block 3
2:12-3:08 Block 4
3:08-3:11 Pack-up/Carpool Prep
- Please communicate any and all carpool changes with your child’s homeroom teacher, especially if your child is a walker and/or goes to Camp Trinity. We can’t just take a child’s word that there will be changes. Thanks!
- Please remember, over the counter medication (even cough drops) cannot be administered at school without a permission from a doctor AND parent.
- Small vacuum cleaner (Robinson)
- Kleenex (Robinson)
- Sandwich bags (Robinson)
- Candy or trinkets for passing AR tests!!! These kids are DETERMINED to reach their goals! They love dollar store trinkets, blow pops, and ring pops! :-) Of course, they will appreciate anything you are willing to donate!
- Books or series that can be donated to our class library (Otis & Braszo)
- Petco/Petsmart gift card (Delilah)
- Composition books (Otis)
This week in class we will learn...
Math: This week we are beginning a new unit on fractions.
Reading: We will continue to review ALL SKILLS for the EOG’s.
Writing: We will be reviewing and refreshing our memory about parts of speech and other grammar rules using Flocabulary, Kahoot and other games. We are studying Week 28 in spelling. We will be writing graphic novels..The students will pre-write, write, revise, edit and confer with me prior to publishing their individual pieces. Our main focus 4th quarter is refining our writing craft. We will continue to practice weekly spelling tests.
Science/SS: I have rescheduled our performance of "Matter and Its Properties: The Science of Stuff" for this Wednesday, April 18th. The performance runs about 35-40 minutes and will take place in my classroom (Room 109) during your child's regular science block. Your child's performance will begin at the following times:
Block 1 8:45
Block 2 11:15
Block 3 1:20
Block 4 2:20
Following the performance, we will begin our next unit on land and water forms.
**Please remember to sign your child's agenda (in the "Notes" row at the bottom of the page) EVERY NIGHT!**
- Tues, May 1st: Progress Reports go home
- Fri, May 4th; Half Day of School
- Wed, May 9th: Field Day
- Thurs, May 10th: Last day of ELA tutoring
- Tues: May 15th: Last day of Math tutoring
- Mon, May 28th: Holiday- School Closed
- Thur, May 31st: Half Day - Last Day of School