Third Grade Class Page
- The Community Outreach Club will be hosting another Blood Drive on November 1st from 10:30-2:30 via a Blood Mobile. Volunteers can register to donate on the American Red Cross website www.redcrossblood.org. Parents should not have to come inside the building as everything should be taken care of outside by ARC. Let Mr. Isham know if you have any questions.
- This year our school will host it's first annual Fall Festival! Our grade has been given the challenge to create a basket for the silent auction. Our team is always up for a good challenge! Our basket theme will be "Grillers' Delight". Please see the following link to sign up if you are able to help: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0C49ABAD2EA3F49-grillers
**If you have a local business and/or if your family would like to donate a gift certificate/card for our festival raffle, please send all donations to Ms. Robinson in Room 111. Contributors will given special recognition at the festival. ALL DONATIONS ARE DUE BY 11/2.
- UNIFORM POLICY REMINDER: As the weather gets cooler, children often get cold in the classroom. Please remember that all clothing worn throughout the day (except during outside recess) must follow the uniform policy which can be found on ESA’s website. Please take particular notice of the following: Outer garments worn in the school building during the day must conform to the uniform policy. This means the color, logo, and writing restrictions for items such as sweatshirts, sweaters, and similar garments.
- We love communicating with you, however, we have a request: While Ms. Robinson sends out the weekly e-mail on Monday of each week, she's being inundated with messages from parents from the whole grade level. If you have a question about the weekly e-mail that is not related to a specific subject area, please contact your child's HOMEROOM teacher.
- As you have probably noticed, Mrs. Braszo is allowing students to take her classroom library books home to enjoy. Please help your child take care of these books and return them in a timely manner. All 80 students are sharing these books! Students should know that only ONE of Mrs. Braszo’s books are allowed to be taken home at a time!
- Please remember, over the counter medication (even cough drops) cannot be administered at school without a permission from a doctor AND parent.
This week in class we will learn...
Math: This week we will continue our unit on multiplication and division. Our goal is to have facts mastered and/or have quick strategies to multiply with by the end of the year in products through 100. We aim to find patterns in addition/multiplication tables and explain them using what I know about how numbers work. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!
Reading: We will practice our plays...remember that we are performing THIS FRIDAY!!! :-) Please refer to your scheduled time...this information was sent home. If you need reminded of your time, please contact Mrs. Braszo! We will also work in small groups on our reading level. Click on the link below for the AR parent letter:
Writing: We are focusing on Voice during Writer’s Workshop. We are finishing our first writing unit, Adapting Fairy Tales. We will continue to practice going through the writing process. We are learning about contractions and compound words in language arts. We have learned all the cursive letters! We will practice connecting them in words..We are now going to Daily 4 Centers for Working on Writing, Word Work, Read to Self and Ms. Otis. We have created our own websites! Please ask your child to log in with their google e-mail address and you can see the great first stories!
Science/SS: Students are finishing up their research for their “Building a Colony” project and then we’ll begin our next science unit on force and motion.
**Please remember to sign your child's agenda (in the "Notes" row at the bottom of the page) EVERY NIGHT!**
- Tuesday, Oct 31st: Hollow-STEAM Day
- Thursday, Nov 2nd: Grillers Delight basket items due
- Friday, Nov 3rd: Field Trip to Poe Health Center
- Wed. Nov 8th: Scholastic book order due AND Silent Auction donations due
- Friday, Nov 10th: Veteran’s Day - School Closed
- Tue, Nov 14th: Progress Reports
- Fri, Nov 17th: Harvest Feast
- Tues, Nov 21st: Early Release
- Nov 22-24: School Closed