At Emerald Technologies, we troubleshoot and repair hardware and software problems for PC Windows and Macintosh computers.
We also offer virus/spyware identification and removal. If you're experiencing problems with your computer, or if you think you need to update your system but don't know where to start, simply contact us.
Service usually takes three to five business days, but may take longer if parts need to be ordered.
In Shop Service: $60.00/hour
Repair rates are charged in 15 minute increments. Typical Virus removals tend to run between $100 - $150
Expedited Service: $75.00/hour
We start work on it the day you bring it in and guarantee it will be done within two business days or you will pay only the normal labor rate.
Flat Rate Tune-Up: $50.00
Like your car, computers need tune-ups to keep them running smoothly.
For a flat fee, Emerald technologies will:
· Remove unnecessary start up programs and optimize performance settings.
· If needed, install our recommended FREE antivirus software and scan for common infections.
· Install our recommended FREE anti-malware software and scan for any malware, bloatware, or adware.
· Dust out computer and inspect for any overheating problems or other physical issues.
· Test the hard drive for signs of failing and compile a detailed health report.
· Install improved disk defragmenter program and defragment hard drive to improve disk access times.
· Clean up and remove unnecessary temporary files to speed up your computer.
· Install Firefox internet browser with adblock technology to improve your online experience.
NOTE: Not all computers are eligible for tune-ups. Please check with a technician.
PC Laptop Screen Replacement $50.00 + Cost of Screen
Mac Laptop Screen Replacement $75 - $100 + Cost of Screen
Remote Support: $54.00/hour
We can resolve many issues by connecting to your computer remotely. Cut down on costs and travel time.
On-Site Service: $70.00/hour + Travel Time
A technician can travel to your home or business to assist you directly.
Emerald Technologies specializes in on-site networking and business solutions.
We offer comprehensive troubleshooting, maintenance, and support.
Please call with any questions or to schedule a visit.
Back 40 On-Site Service: $80.00/hour + Travel Time
For remote or hard-to-access locations, including dirt roads.
Public Computers & Internet Access
Our office in downtown Garberville offers computer access for checking e-mail and Facebook, shopping, research, word processing, and more. Emerald Technologies offers a comfortable environment and a knowledgeable staff for all your computing needs.
Unassisted Computer Rental: $9.00/hour
Wireless Hotspot: $8.00/hour
Assisted Computer Use/Training: $54.00/hour
Web Hosting: $79/year
We offer personal and business web hosting. Please contact us for more information.
Data Recovery & Backup
We can recover your most important data -- even if the files have been deleted! Photos, documents, music, program data, and other files can often be restored in-house by our technicians. We can also recover data from your flash drives, memory cards, and external hard drives.
If we're unable to recover your data, Emerald Technologies is an Authorized Drive Savers Reseller. Drive Savers provides free shipping and will give a free quote on any recovery job they receive.
Use code DS25042 to get a 10% discount!
Preventing Data Loss
Everyone should adopt strategies to ensure critical information is protected from corruption and loss.
· Never upgrade any system without a verified backup
· Use up-to-date hardware and software utilities for data security, such as firewalls and virus protection
· Scan all incoming data for viruses, including packaged software
· Use ventilation, fans and/or air conditioning to keep servers at the proper operating temperature
· Connect systems to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to protect against power surges
· Power down and take extreme caution when moving computers
· Avoid static discharge when touching or handling the media, especially in excessively dry environments
· Invest in redundant backup systems
· Establish a structured backup procedure to make copies of all critical data files
· Periodically test the backups to verify that data, especially databases and other critical files, are being backed up properly
· Keep at least one verified copy of critical data offsite