2. Category Management
fmProducts - Category Section.
Comfortable for your customers and visitors category tree makes your store user-friendly and tilts the balance to the advantage of your products. Store Manager allows you to create, modify or remove CubeCart categories and adjust the structure of your store to meet your needs in convenient CubeCart Category management. You can browse your category tree as easy as you browse your folders.
This chapter describes how to manage CubeCart categories either one by one or in bulk.
In categories context menu or toolbar, you can find the following options:
- Refresh data forces categories list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
- Add new category calls blank Edit category form, which is used to create a new category. Edit CubeCart category form description see below.
- To edit category you can double click on it or use edit category button. It calls edit category form for highlighted category. Edit category form description see below.
- You can delete selected category and its subcategories from your store. Pay attention that you won't be able to undo delete from store option unless you've made d-base backup.
- Note: If you have products assigned to multiple categories they will be removed not only from selected category but from the store completely!
- Copy & paste categories feature allows you to copy highlighted categories and paste them into any other category or into any other store (using Tools -> Quick Connection Switch option). The following options are available:
- - Copy categories with products - allows you to copy categories with products.
- - Copy categories with subcategories - allows you to copy categories with sub categories.
- - Fields to copy allows you to select the exact fields you would like to copy.
- When you're pasting category(ies), you're creating new entities with new IDs. You can choose to either paste category(ies) to the root or to paste them to any selected category.