1. Review the York High School CCRC website (below) for a list of local and national scholarships that have a direct link to the applications. Scholarships are organized by application deadline.
2. Try a scholarship search engine:
- FASTWEB (one of the first search services established): https://www.fastweb.com/
- College Board (the AP and SAT people): https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
- Scolarships.com (newer but similar to Fastweb): https://www.scholarships.com/
- Cappex (also newer): https://www.cappex.com/scholarships/
- From the US Department of Labor: https://www.careeronestop.org/toolkit/training/find-scholarships.aspx,
- (there are many more but these are well-known and considered to be reliable)
3. Check the Financial Aid websites for the colleges you are seriously considering. Some have scholarship search engines for scholarships that are available if you attend that college. Obviously, don't spend too much time searching until you are pretty certain that it is a college you are likely to attend.