The Rockathon at Eyer
- Thank you for being so great about getting your money in!
- Here is the list for special event participants. The activities are pretty much full. If anything, a few more people could sign up for yoga. So see Miss Torpey if you would like to do that. The rest are booked
- Special Event Roster
- January 4th: ALL MONEY DUE DURING MORNING HOMEROOM in Miss Torpey's room (610)
- Link to: Rockathon guide book
Parent Chaperone and Food Sign-Up Information Below
Please use the two links below to sign up for your food donation and to sign up for parent volunteers. Please be sure to click on the GREEN title because it will take you directly to our sign up. If you click on the picture it will just take you to the general sign-up genius website. Thank you for your support! All sign-ups MUST be completed by NOVEMBER, 22nd.
IMPORTANT PROCEDURE FOR MEDICAL NEEDS
- We will have a nurse at the event.
- If your child needs to take medication, please read the note below from our school nurse, Jenna Chromiak, as to how this procedure needs to be handled.
- Please make sure to have medication needs submitted to her prior to winter break, unless your child is put on medication after that time period. Thank you for your cooperation.
As indicated in medication procedures for all students, the following applies:
Medication, both prescribed and over-the-counter, may not be brought to school unless absolutely necessary. If it is crucial for a child to take medication during the event, these guidelines must be followed:
1. Please contact school nurse before winter break, only if your child requires a medication to be administered, in order for proper arrangements to be made.
2. Students are NOT permitted to possess prescription or over-the-counter medication at any time during the school day or at school activities/functions.
3. Students are permitted to carry asthma inhalers or Epi-pens with written authorization from the authorized prescriber, the parent/guardian, and the school nurse.
4. An adult must deliver and pick up the medication.
5. Medications may only be dispensed by nurse.
6. All medication must come to school in the originally prescribed container.
7. A prescriber’s authorization is not required for administration of commonly used over-the-counter medications approved by the school physician. Contact school nurse if you are unsure if your child’s medication is on the approved list.
Our 2017-2018 Teams:
There will be a Rock-a-thon meeting for ALL members on Thursday November 16th period in the cafeteria. You must attend. We will focus on fundraising and next steps.
- The Twisted Spice Girls
- Christmas Charisma
- Rock Street
- Snow White & 7 Dwarfs
- Glow Getters
- The Rockers of the Lost Ark
- PSU Bound
- The Queens of Rocking
- Candy Crushers
- This is Halloween
- The Waterboys
- The M & Ms
- Big Ballers
- Twisted Spice Girls
- Helping Hands
- Tropical Flamingoes
- Sassy Superheros
- Rockin’ through Time
- Social Butterflies
- Monsters University
- Kandy Kids
- Heroic Heros
- Rockin the Olympic Games
- The Rocker Girls
- Sports People
- Shooting Stars
- Allstate All Stars
- Rockin Mickeys
- Snow White & 7 Dwarfs
What is the rockathon?
The rockathon is a fundraising event at Eyer Middle School that supports the Justin W. Jennings Foundation. The event takes place on Friday, January 12th at 7:30 PM and ends Saturday morning at 7 AM. The students work in teams to keep a rocking chair rocking the entire time. While the students are not rocking they may join in many of the events that are taking place around the school, such as dodgeball tournaments, karate, crossift, zumba, etc. Students fundraise ahead of the event and all pledges are combined to make one donation from Eyer Middle School. Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of others. The more we raise, the more we can donate.
What is our cause?
The Justin W. Jennings Foundation operates a beautiful beach house in Bethany Beach, DE. The foundation provides beach vacations to families in the region who are faced with the stress and hardship of dealing with cancer. Please visit www.justinjennings.org to learn more about this cause.
Over the past five years, the Eyer Rock-a-thon has raised over $100,000. We can't wait to see what we can do this year!
Notice to Parent Volunteers:
If you are planning to chaperone the Rock-a-thon year, please call the pupil personnel services (610-965-1600) at the administration building and ask if your clearances are still active. If they are not active and you would like to volunteer, you need to apply for your clearances again.
Follow this link for information about obtaining your clearances: http://www.eastpennsd.org/hr/volunteer/