The Rockathon at Eyer
Please click on the links below to sign up for food and parent chaperones. We could not do this event without parent support, and we are greatly appreciative of all of the donations and chaperoning parents provide throughout this event. Thank you:) . Please sign up by Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
Our next meeting is on Monday, December 17th. Make plans to attend, unless you are in band or chorus. We will be reviewing VERY important information. Bring your guide if you have it, your assignment book, and a pencil to the meeting.
Parent Chaperone Sign-Up
- Tuesday, December 4th: Due date for sign-ups for food and parent chaperones.
- Our next meeting is on Monday, December 17th. Make plans to attend, unless you are in band or chorus. We will be reviewing VERY important information. Bring your guide if you have it, your assignment book, and a pencil to the meeting.
- Thursday, January 10th: fundraising money due.
- Friday, January 18th: ROCKATHON
2018-2019 Rock-a-thon Teams
The following teams have made the cut and will be participating in the 2019 Rockathon. Please know your team name and team number at all times.
1. The Mariachi Band
2. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
3. Football Fanatics
4. Snack Attack
5. The Things
6. Neon Rockers
7. Clever Cards
8. The 13 Original Colonies
9. Color Splash
10. Fruity Tooties
12. The Units
13. Safari Sisters
14. Federal Rockers
15. Crazy Crayons
16. 7 Hearts, 1 Beat
17. The Hippies
18. Sweet Sisters
19. Young Justice
20. Rock Stars
21. Tie Dye Rockers
22. Surf's Up
23. The Shooting Stars
24. All-Stars All-State
25. Pink Puffs
26. Jem and the Rockers
27. Mystery Men**
28. Tropical Squad
30. Onesie Gang
31. Ol' Fashion Cartoons
33. Candy Crew
34. The Champs
35. The Ballers
36. It's All in the Stars
What is the Rockathon?
The rockathon is a fundraising event at Eyer Middle School that supports the Justin W. Jennings Foundation. The event takes place on Friday, January 18th at 7:30 PM and ends Saturday morning at 7 AM. The students work in teams to keep a rocking chair rocking the entire time. While the students are not rocking they may join in many of the events that are taking place around the school, such as dodgeball tournaments, karate, crossift, zumba, etc. Students fundraise ahead of the event and all pledges are combined to make one donation from Eyer Middle School. Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of others. The more we raise, the more we can donate.
What is our cause?
The Justin W. Jennings Foundation operates a beautiful beach house in Bethany Beach, DE. The foundation provides beach vacations to families in the region who are faced with the stress and hardship of dealing with cancer. Please visit www.justinjennings.org to learn more about this cause.
Over the past five years, the Eyer Rock-a-thon has raised over $100,000. We can't wait to see what we can do this year!
IMPORTANT PROCEDURE FOR MEDICAL NEEDS
- We will have a nurse at the event.
- If your child needs to take medication, please read the note below from our school nurse, Jenna Chromiak, as to how this procedure needs to be handled.
- Please make sure to have medication needs submitted to her prior to winter break, unless your child is put on medication after that time period. Thank you for your cooperation.
As indicated in medication procedures for all students, the following applies:
Medication, both prescribed and over-the-counter, may not be brought to school unless absolutely necessary. If it is crucial for a child to take medication during the event, these guidelines must be followed:
1. Please contact school nurse before winter break, only if your child requires a medication to be administered, in order for proper arrangements to be made.
2. Students are NOT permitted to possess prescription or over-the-counter medication at any time during the school day or at school activities/functions.
3. Students are permitted to carry asthma inhalers or Epi-pens with written authorization from the authorized prescriber, the parent/guardian, and the school nurse.
4. An adult must deliver and pick up the medication.
5. Medications may only be dispensed by nurse.
6. All medication must come to school in the originally prescribed container.
7. A prescriber’s authorization is not required for administration of commonly used over-the-counter medications approved by the school physician. Contact school nurse if you are unsure if your child’s medication is on the approved list.
Notice to Parent Volunteers:
If you are planning to chaperone the Rock-a-thon year, please call the pupil personnel services (610-965-1600) at the administration building and ask if your clearances are still active. If they are not active and you would like to volunteer, you need to apply for your clearances again.
Follow this link for information about obtaining your clearances: http://www.eastpennsd.org/hr/volunteer/