Offering Teachers individualized professional development and opportunities to share with each other.
What is RAMS University?
RAMS University is an opportunity for teachers and staff to share professional development opportunities as part of our own PLN (Professional Learning Network) at USD #449.
As opposed to ‘sit and get’ professional development, teachers will guide their own professional practice. Teachers will choose from the RAMS University course offerings. This will provide teachers with choice in their professional learning.
What are the requirements?
- Each month during Late Start, staff members will be provided with the monthly RAMS University course calendar. If you are interested in a course you will sign up to attend.
- Once you have signed up to attend, you will need to notify the presenter if you will not be able to make it as this may change his/her plans for the course
- Be on time and plan to stay the entire length of the session
- Learn something new that you can implement in your classroom
What are the benefits?
- professional development targeted at individual teacher needs
- participants are paid per hour for attending courses
- additional payments will be awarded to anyone who takes a course through RAMS University and implements a new strategy, technique or idea in their classroom and shows evidence of student impact (courses that are eligible for additional payments will be identified in the descriptions)
- teachers learning from other teachers
- more efficient staff meetings and professional development opportunities
- more opportunities to earn professional development points
- more time for professional duties during the school day