Mrs. Lyon's Gifted & Talented
Hello! My name is Deven Lyon, and I am the Gifted and Talented (GT) Teacher/Special Service Provider(SSP) for Beach Court Elementary, Summit Academy, and International Academy of Denver
My schedule for 2017-2018 is:
- Beach Court Elementary - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- International Academy of Denver -Mondays
- Summit Academy - Fridays
My email is email@example.com
Your students are in the process of completing their ALP goals, and we are placing additional scaffolds for students who still need additional support.
It is extremely common for gifted kids to exhibit 1 or more of what's known as Dabrowski's 5 Overexcitabilities.
Read here for more information on these excitabilities, and how they might affect your student. When creating an affective goal for your student's ALP in the fall, thinking about how we can help students better work with their overexcitabilities is a great place to start!
- intellectual – a deep passion to learn about specific topics
- imaginational – possessing a rich imaginational world
- sensory – having one or more heightened senses
- emotional – an unusually large range of emotions
- psychomotor – an excess of physical energy