There was no public land which could be used where to put up the a school building, the reason why the barrio folks thru the leadership of the late Juan Leano (ex-vice mayor and district councilman) requested Mr. Hilario Agarpao and Mrs. Isabel Antonio Agarpao together with Mr. Primitivo Calumpit and Mrs. Nena Bitanga Calumpit to donate the parcel of their residential lot. The two couples voluntarily donated the School lot, hence in November 18, 1948 Taggat Primary School was put up. As time went by, enrolment increased yearly, so the school became Taggat Community School headed by the first Teacher-In-Charge, a certain Mr. Felix Guillermo and the school lot became wider thru the generosity of a barangay folk donor, Mr. Filamor Yadao Sr. The school was chaged to Taggat Elementary School. Lately, thru the resolution made by barangay officials, GPTA Officers and the School head Mrs. Eliabeth T. Mamauag, Principal II it was named to TAGGAT SUR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL catering Kindergarten to Grade VI.