Greenlodge Health Services Site
Welcome to the Greenlodge Health Services Website!
Kate Duckworth, MS, BSN, RN
Greenlodge School Nurse
Click for Bio
Kate Duckworth became the Greenlodge School Nurse in November 2019. After serving in the U.S. Marines and Federal Government for over 20 years, she made a big career change and became a Registered Nurse in 2016. Prior to Greenlodge, Kate worked at the VA Hospitals in West Roxbury and Brockton in many different roles including acute cardiac care, sub-acute medical-surgical nursing, mental health, and as an IV nurse. Kate is currently in a Master's Degree Program in Nursing Education at Framingham State University.
Kate lives in Dedham with her husband Neal and sons Will and Matt. They have twin cats named Luna and Fluff.
Click here for login instructions - SNAP Health Portal
- What is it? The SNAP Health Portal is the Electronic Health Record (EHR) we use in the Dedham schools to store and communicate health information. I use it to track physicals and immunizations and document office visits with students. Families can use SNAP to give permission for Tylenol/Motrin at School and view their students' annual vision/hearing screenings among other things.
- Why use SNAP? It’s a secure way to share private health information. Families can upload physicals and doctor’s orders without sending papers in the backpack. It’s also efficient; the software allows me to send emails to a whole class or group of students at once about a health matter.
- How do I log on? All families have an account. The email to get into SNAP is usually the same one used for Powerschool. Not sure what email to enter? Send me a note and I can let you know. With the right email, you can reset your password and start using SNAP.
How to approve Acetaminophen (Tylenol)/Ibuprofen(Motrin) in SNAP
- Log in to the SNAP Health Portal (see above instructions)
- In the menu of options on the left of the screen, hover on "Medications" then click on "OTC"
- Under the column called "Granted" check the box for Acetaminophen and/or Ibuprofen to give the nurse permission to dispense
- The nurse will always endeavor to call parents/guardians before giving a student these medications; in any case, we need permission to give them.