CTE courses provide quality educational programs emphasizing core academic content, Postsecondary & Workforce Readiness (PWR) competencies, technical skills, and seamless transition to further education or employment and better prepare students, including special populations to meet challenges of the workforce, economic development, and emerging occupations.
Colorado CTE programs are divided into six industry sectors:
1. Agriculture, Natural Resources & Energy
2. STEM, Arts, Design & Information Technology
3. Skilled Trades & Technical Sciences
4. Health Science, Criminal Justice & Public Safety
5. Hospitality, Human Services & Education
6. Business, Marketing & Public Administration
More than 5,000 community and business leaders serve on advisory committees and councils supporting CTE programs.