4-6th grade SSN support team
Students with significant support needs are highly diverse learners with extensive needs in the areas of cognition and/or learning, communication, movement and social/emotional abilities. The individual may also have concurrent health, sensory, physical and/or behavioral disabilities.
Students with significant support needs require:
- a wide variety of approaches and supports to demonstrate their knowledge and skills
- intensive instruction in literacy, numeracy and problem solving skills in order to acquire and generalize knowledge
- substantial adaptations (modifications and accommodations) and/or ongoing supports in order to access grade level curriculum
- access to assistive technology tools to communicate, learn and demonstrate their knowledge
- progress to be measured by observation, data collection, assessment, and work samples
- individualized levels of support across major life activities in home, school, and community.