Buffalo Ridge Yearbook
YEARBOOK CLUB MEETING FOR MONDAY, JAN. 22 HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE 90 MINUTE DELAYED START.
I will email parents and students to let you know when it will be rescheduled.
If you have any questions please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Note from Mr. Ryckman
I want to personally thank all of those 4th and 5th graders who went out on a limb and applied to be a part of the BRE Yearbook Club.
It breaks my heart that we couldn't take all students but we had over 50 students apply to be in the club and we only have 15 spots.
That means that there were a LOT of people that really wanted to be in your shoes so I hope that you take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
I want you to know that there were a lot of factors that we looked at when picking people for the club.
Here were the deciding factors:
1. The quality of the caption sample the students wrote on their application.
2. The reasons given on the application for why they wanted to be a part of the yearbook club.
3. We wanted to take some 4th graders (to have some returning leaders next year) but more 5th (because it is their last year to participate).
4. We wanted a balance of both boys and girls (because a yearbook should tell the story of everyone in the school).
5. We spoke with students' classroom teachers to find out if they turned work in on time, if they were creative, good writers and if they were responsible and trustworthy in the classroom.
Please check the calendar for meeting dates and listen carefully to announcements for any changes that may pop up.