A Note from Mr. Ryckman
I want to personally thank all of those 4th and 5th graders who went out on a limb and applied to be a part of the BRE Yearbook Crew.
It breaks my heart that we couldn't take everyone who applied.
That means that there were a LOT of people that really wanted to be in your shoes so I hope that you take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
I want you to know that there were a lot of factors that we looked at when picking people for the club.
Here were the deciding factors:
1. We looked at 5th grade students first because they didn't have the opportunity to participate last year due to Covid and it is their last opportunity.
2. If the students are part of another club/activity (to provide as many students with the opportunity of getting involved as we can).
3. The photo samples the students submitted (and IF they submitted them).
4. The reasons given on the application for why they wanted to be a part of the yearbook club.
5. We spoke to teachers about classroom behavior, responsibility demonstrated in various classes, ability to work well with others, turning in assignments on time and excitement for learning.
6. We wanted a good balance of both boys and girls (because a yearbook should tell the story of everyone in the school).
Please check the calendar for meeting dates and listen carefully to announcements for any changes that may pop up.