Summer Reading 2018
Windham Technical High School
At Windham Technical High School, we believe that reading is the key to increasing literacy skills, developing vocabulary, and succeeding as a life-long learner.
Our goal for summer reading is for students to have an enjoyable experience where they are encouraged to read for pleasure - not solely for academic credit. The Accelerated Reading Program is part of the school's curriculum for all students and will continue to be utilized over the summer.
Please read below for each grade level:
Incoming 9th Graders
Blank Confession, by Pete Hautman
Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli
Incoming 11th Graders
1. Read 1 book (you have not already read) from the Classics of American Literature List
2. Find your book at your local library or bookstore and start reading.
3. Complete 1 of the "Summer Reading Activities" from the list: Summer Reading Activities (due 1st academic cycle of school year)
4. Take an AR quiz the first week of school
- Read 1 AR book (you have not already read) by visiting: www.arbookfind.com
- Choose 1 book from the Accelerated Reader (AR) program that is in the appropriate ZPD range for the student and worth at least 10 points. Challenge yourself by choosing books with higher Book Levels and Points!
- Find your book at your local library or bookstore and start reading.
- Complete 1 of the "Summer Reading Activities" from the list: Summer Reading Activities (due 1st academic cycle of school year)
- Students will take the AR QUIZ during the first week of school.