GLORY FARM - PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Glory Farm School is part of the North Oxfordshire School Sports Partnership (NOSSP) http://www.northoxfordshiressp.co.uk/index.php. This consists of 51 schools across North Oxfordshire and offers a range of benefits from staff training, to specialist PE mentors to support us with the delivery of high quality PE and school sport.Click the link below to find out how we spent this funding for the academic year 2017 - 2018.
Nationally Agreed Vision for Physical Education
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
OBJECTIVE: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Festivals and Competitions
As part of the NOSSP we participate in a wide range of festivals, both competitive and non-competitive, from year 1 through to year 6. These include hockey, multi-skills, dance and athletics plus many more. They offer children the chance to participate against other schools and always promote the School Sports Values of Respect, Passion, Honesty, Teamwork and Self Belief.
We are lucky enough to have specialist coaches from Ignite Sports working with us in the delivery of high quality PE lessons. They are currently working with children in years 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6. They also run a wide range of after school clubs for KS1 and KS2 throughout the year. .
Our sporting achievements and delivery of high quality PE lessons have recently been recognised with a silver School Games Award and a silver Youth Sport Trust Quality Mark Award. We are particularly proud of these achievements and will continue to build upon our successes though out the year.
We are delighted to announce that we have achieved Silver in the School Games Mark, for 2016-2017. The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme which reward schools for their commitment to the development of PE, sport and competition across the school. It is awarded after assessment has been made using a number of factors to judge the provision made for PE within school. These are some of the criteria that are included in the assessment:
· The number of hours of planned PE within curriculum time
· A range of extra-curricular sports activities
· Involvement in inter-school and intra-school competition
· Developing the School Sports Organising Crew (SSOCs)
· Links with external clubs
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to another year of PE & sport!