Health Notes from Your School Nurse
Welcome to "Nurse's' Notes". My name is Mitzi Turgeon, RN and I serve as the health resource at :
Dublin Consolidated School (603-563-8332)
Use this site for important dates, helpful information and health news.
The weather will become colder as winter is approaching. Please send your child to school with appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear.
Illness/Absences: Please contact the school office in the morning if your child is to be absent and inform them why he/she will not be attending. We are coming into flu season, so please be mindful to keep your child home if they have the following: Fever of 100 or greater accompanied by signs or symptoms of illness. ( ie, diarrhea, vomiting and a rash) Be sure that your child is fever free without medication for 24 hours before sending them back to school.
Ways to Prevent the Flu:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Never share cups and eating utensils.
- Stay home from work or school when you're sick with the flu.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
How Do You Treat The Flu?
- Stay home from school
- Drink lots of fluids
- Get Plenty of sleep and take it easy
- Call your Dr. for a fever or achiness so that he/she can let you know what to take to make your child feel better.
If I can be of any help throughout the year, please don't hesitate to call me at school.