Why Join A Code Club?
Computerwise Education is a non-profit entity whose mission is to expand technology awareness among today's youth. We operate in the Los Angeles area. Over the past 10 years, Computerwise Education has gained firsthand knowledge of the STEM educational needs of the students in our community. To address these shortcomings, we have launched tuition-free Code Clubs in schools.
Three hundred students participate in Computerwise Education's Code Clubs at their local schools. The code club meets after school and is intended for students in grades 4 and up. The curriculum is open, and during the 1st semester students are encouraged to use their time to explore technology, learn new skills and become familiar with coding. In the 2nd semester, the students form teams and work towards the competition goals. First by coming up with an idea, and then using technology to resolve the same. The entries are judged by local technology educators and industry experts.
What is Code Club?
The CODE CLUB is a coding club that meets weekly after school. It led by the students and supervised by the teacher. It is setup to promote S.T.E.A.M education among elementary & middle school kids. There is NO curriculum, as this is a CLUB and kids are expected to learn on their own through investigation and research.
- It is open to students in Grades 4 through Grades 8 only.
- Code Club is FREE for students to attend as long as the parents/guardians have completed the online registration for their child and completed payment for the competition registration fee. There is a $65 fee (registration fee). This is a nonrefundable fee.
- Code Club meets run starting October 14, 2019 through April 24,2020 once per week, for one hour after school.
- Registration starts September 15, 2019 Sign Up Here
- It is MANDATORY for all students to participate in the 2020 Code Competition to represent their school against other area code clubs.
- This year the Competition is a Hackathon, which will take place the week of April 27th, 2020 and will be held in meeting location of the Code Club at your school. Read More!
** SUBJECT TO CHANGE