Local Scholarship News
All qualifying Coast Union seniors may apply for these scholarships. In order to participate in the local scholarship interviews, students must meet the following criteria:
1) Minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average (Check with Ms. Seay before you begin the scholarship application to verify your cumulative GPA)
2) Participate in at least one extra-curricular activity at CUHS or have completed community service hours
3) Student completes application and attaches two letters of recommendation
4) Application and essay must be grammatically correct or will not be accepted (example: NO lower case I’s, proper mechanics and grammatical structure) If you wait until the last minute to submit your application, and it does not meet the above criteria, your application will not be submitted for consideration.
December In order to access the scholarship application, do the following:
1) Go to the school website at www.coastunion.org.
2) Scroll down and select the Counseling Center page
3) Scroll down, find College Applications, Information & Scholarship Applications –click on Scholarship Application
4) Print the Word Document when complete
January 31 Completed application due by 3:30 pm
Submit a copy of your application with two recommendation letters to Ms. Seay. Paperclip together – do not staple. Once your application is received, a copy of your transcript will be attached. Late applications WILL NOT be accepted!
March 29 Students who submitted a scholarship packet will be interviewed by various committees representing organizations and individuals who sponsor scholarships. These interviews will be conducted in the high school library on a scheduled basis, approximately ten minutes per interview. After the interviews, the individual organizations will rate the candidates and submit their recipient names to Ms. Seay.
May The Scholarship and Awards Committee will meet and review the scholarship applications and recommendations of the scholarship donors.
June 7 Commencement Ceremonies – Scholarship announced
June 22 Thank you notes and proof of college enrollment due
All thank-you notes must be turned in to Ms. Seay by this date.
Proof of enrollment must be given to Ms. Seay before scholarship
money is released. Remember to put stamps on your letters.
It is your responsibility to inform Ms Adams where to send your final CUHS transcript.
Coast Unified School District provides a safe school environment that allows all students equal access and opportunities in the district’s academic, extracurricular and other educational support programs, services and activities. The CUSD School Board prohibits, at any district school or school activity, unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying of any student by anyone, based on the student’s actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic group, identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.