William A. Hough High School PTSA
It's Not Too Late to Join the PTSA
and Donate to the Husky Fund!
Seniors who wish to apply for the Hough PTSA Scholarships in the Spring (application released in the Spring) must be a paid member of the William A. Hough High PTSA. Dues must be paid by February 21, 2020 at 2:15 pm.
Hough High School
Welcome new and returning students, families, and faculty to the 2019-2020 school year. This year is going to be a special year as we celebrate Hough’s 10th Anniversary! The PTSA kicks off each year with the annual PTSA membership drive; all parents, students and teachers are asked to join. New this year there is one combined Membership and Husky Fund Donation Form. You now also have the option of joining and donating online! https://hough.memberhub.store/
If you wish to fill out the form, please return in an envelope marked PTSA to your child’s homeroom teacher.
Do you wonder where PTSA funds go? All funds raised through membership and Husky Fund Direct Donations go directly toward the following programs:
- Student Incentives and Character Recognition
- School Beautification
- Classroom Materials and Improved Technology and Software
How can you help?
- First and foremost, join the PTSA.
- Donate to the Husky Fund Direct Donation Campaign - the PTSA's main source of income.
- Relink your Harris Teeter VIC Card to earn funds through the Together in Education Program - link to Hough PTSA #8376 (you can link up to 5 numbers at one time).
- Register online with Publix for Publix Partner Program - link to Hough PTSA.
- When shopping online with Amazon, shop through Amazon Smile (www.smile.amazon.com) and select PTA North Carolina Congress William A Hough High School PTSA.
- Dine in at participating restaurants when the PTSA hosts Hough spirit nights several times a year.
Want to volunteer? Look at the pink volunteer form in the back to school packet or visit our volunteer page. There are great volunteer opportunities, even in high school! Your time and talents are greatly appreciated. Once completed, please return the form to the school.
If you have not done so, be sure to subscribe to and read the Hough Howler. There is a small blue form that explains how to subscribe if you are not yet receiving it. This is the main form of communication for our school. Also, check out the Hough and PTSA website, our Facebook page, and sign up for Twitter news to keep informed of everything at Hough. In addition, the school website has links to many Hough departments including the Student Services website which has great information for everyone. If anyone you know needs the Howler or other school or PTSA information in another language, please contact me and I can refer you to someone that can assist.
Debbie Wood ● Hough PTSA, President ● email@example.com