Jordan Driving School Charlotte Driver's Education Classes
@ Butler High School
If you have any questions, please Click HERE to contact Butler's Drivers Education Site Coordinator, Michael Tarkka.
Students must be 14.5 years old on or before the first day of classroom instruction.
To be eligible to participate in Jordan's Driver Education class, the student must be ATTENDING a school in Mecklenburg County. Whether it be through CMS public school system, a private school, a charter school, or home schooled. If the student lives in Mecklenburg County but attends a school OUTSIDE the county then they are NOT eligible.
Please bring a copy of the student's birth certificate on the first day of class.
The Cost for Class is $65.00 and must be paid on line when you register. Alternately, you may call Jordan Driving School for directions on how to pay with certified check, money order, or cash. Certified checks or money orders should be made payable to, “Jordan Driving School Charlotte”. That number is 704-566-9900.
- To register and pay for After School classroom instruction Click HERE to be directed to Butler's Public School Regular School Classes Registration Page at Jordan Driving School. You must wait until registration is open to be able to register for either Fall Classes or Spring Classes. Fall Registration usually opens toward mid July and Spring Registration usually opens toward mid October. Please keep checking back until they open.
Butler's after school classroom instruction is held in Room 508, Math Hall, from 2:30 - 5:00 pm.
Students must complete 30 hours of classroom instruction . NO EXCEPTIONS. Jordan Driving School offers two makeup dates per session. If the student exceeds 2 missed days for ANY REASON, they must retake the classroom instruction in its entirety and will not be refunded.
- To register and pay for Summer School classroom instruction Click HERE to be directed to Butler's Summer Classes Registration Page at Jordan Driving School. You must wait until Summer Registration is open to be able to register for Summer Classes. Summer registration usually opens toward the first of April. Please keep checking back until it opens.
Butler's summer school classroom instruction is held in Room 508, Math Hall.
Butler offers two summer school classroom instruction options. The student either chooses to attend the morning session everyday or chooses to attend the afternoon session every day. The student must attend their registered time everyday unless there is an emergency (over sleeping is not an emergency). If the student has an emergency conflict on a particular day, they can attend that same day's other session and not be penalized. No makeup days are provided during Summer Classes.
1) Morning Session: 8:00 - 11:45 am
2) Afternoon Session: 12:30 - 4 :15 pm
Students must complete 30 hours of classroom instruction . NO EXCEPTIONS. Jordan Driving School does NOT offer any makeup dates for summer school classroom instruction. If the student misses any days for ANY REASON, they must retake the classroom instruction in its entirety and will not be refunded.
- Classes are also offered on Saturdays, during the Winter Break, and during the Spring Break but NOT at Butler High School. Click HERE to be directed to the page that can assistance you with registering for these classes at other schools in Mecklenburg County.
Behind The Wheel
- Students who need to complete behind the wheel will be called in the order of their class completion date. It could take up to 12 weeks (3 months) or more to be contacted by Jordan Driving School for scheduling Behind The Wheel. Remember to be patient, Jordan Driving School has not forgotten about you. Mr. Tarkka is NOT responsible for scheduling Behind The Wheel. Students must complete 6 hours of Behind the Wheel.
Requirements to obtain a NC DRIVING ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE:
- The student must be making adequate academic progress while completing their academic requirements toward a high school diploma or GED. North Carolina statue NCGS 20-11(n1) states that a student must have passing grades in 70% of his or her classes from the previous quarter and has not dropped out of school . Adequate academic progress will be evaluated from the previous quarter's report card. This means that the student can not have failed more than one class from their PREVIOUS report card. It also states that students expelled, suspended or placed in an alternative educational setting for more than ten (10) consecutive days for possessing or selling alcohol, illegal or controlled substances on school property; bringing, possessing or using a weapon or firearm on school property, pursuant to NCGS 115C-391 (d1); or assaulting any school personnel on school property are ineligible.
- Student must successfully complete the classroom portion, which involves 30 hours of instruction and an eye exam. The eye exam is done at Butler under most circumstances.
- Student must successfully complete the driving phase, which involves 6 hours behind the wheel.
You must bring the following to Butler's Student Services to obtain a NC Driving Eligibility Certificate:
1. Jordan Driving School Certificate of Course Completion
PowerSchool will be checked for the PREVIOUS quarter's report card grades.
PLEASE NOTE: The NC Driving Eligibility Certificate expires 30 days after the date of issue. If you do not obtain your learning permit within 30 days of your dated NC Driving Eligibility Certificate, then you must bring the Jordan Driving School Certificate of Course Completion back to Butler's Student Services to receive a new NC Driving Eligibility Certificate.
What is required by the NC DMV before obtaining your Graduated Licensing:
Anyone under age 18 must be enrolled in school and be making progress toward a high school diploma or GED to stay eligible for a Driving Eligibility Certificate, which is a requirement for the following graduated licensing levels (Level 1: limited learner permit, Level 2: limited provisional license, Level 3 full provisional license). Refer to #1 under requirements to obtain a NC Driving Eligibility Certificate.
What documents YOU MUST BRING to NC DMV to obtain one of the graduated license :
1. One document verifying identity and date of birth. Click HERE for acceptable documents proving identity and age.
2. One document proving they have a Social Security number. Click HERE for acceptable documents proving Social Security.
3. One document proving North Carolina residency. Click HERE for acceptable documents proving North Carolina residency.
4. Jordan Driving School Certificate of Course Completion.
5. NC Driving Eligibility Certificate from Butler's Student Services.