1. Grades 6-8 Students are able to check out two books at a time when visiting the library. Students can visit the library during arrival time (6:55-7:20), or during the day with teacher permission. Student can also visit during dismissal (2:05-2:25).
2. Students can keep items for up to two weeks at a time; items can be renewed once.
3. Late Notices will be given to students when they are more than a week late. NPMS does not charge late fines for overdue items. Books not returned before the end of the school year will be marked as Lost and students will be charged a replacement fee for the item.
LOST OR DAMAGED MATERIALS:
1. If a book has been out excessively long, it will be declared lost. Students will not be able to check-out another book until the lost book is either returned or paid for. If a book is paid for, and then found within the same school year in good condition, the money will be refunded to the parent. Any books damaged by water, coloring, food, extremely ripped pages, dog/animal bites, etc... will be the responsibility of the student's parents to pay for. We ask that you pay with a check.
2. Please DO NOT attempt to replace a lost book yourself. The majority of our hardback books are library bound. This means they are special ordered with more durable covers for multi-use check-outs. Books bought from Amazon and other discount retailers often do not offer library bound editions and do not come processed for the library. These books are for home use only, and will not withstand the multiple check-outs that our students will put them through. Our books are also ordered pre-processed. This means they come with our library barcodes attached as well as spine labels and library records; this is an additional cost for us but allows us to get books onto the shelves faster for our patrons.
***All students have been provided training in the care and maintenance of books, and they should be responsible for keeping them in good condition while in their home. While we understand that accidents will happen, we must have the funding to replace books that are lost or damaged. If we did not do this, we would be unable to maintain our library on the funding provided.