Credentials and work experience:
I am grateful to have been hired into Clarkston Community Schools after graduating from Michigan State University, where I earned a Bachelors of Science in Child Development and Elementary Education.(Go Green!) In college, I student taught at the MSU Child Development Laboratories and in the Lansing School District taught a 2nd grade class. I have been teaching at the Early Childhood Center for five years and have had the pleasure of teaching in various programs here. I taught traditional half day preschool (3s & 4s) for three years and all day 3's for the past two years.
Five things about me:
- I spend a lot of my time watching MSU basketball and football. I enjoy watching sports. March Madness is my favorite time of the year.
- Outdoors is my happy place no matter the season. I find peace in the woods and enjoy being near or on bodies water. Winter is my favorite season.
- I am an active member at my church, working alongside young adults and I am involved women's ministries.
- After 3 years of running I have to officially call myself a runner. I have completed 4 half marathons, 2 ten milers, and dozens of 5ks and 10ks.
- Storytelling fascinates me. I love getting lost in a good story through books, tv, movies, or through spoken word.
What I love most about my profession:
There are many wonderful aspects of early child education. Children at this age begin to learn to understand their emotions and all other qualities that are unique to them. They learn that others are different and similar to themselves. They begin to form friendships and relationships with other people who are not part of their family. It's all beautiful. I am grateful to help each child navigate through these social situations and help them feel safe, loved, and continue to help them foster their positive sense of self. These children have years of school ahead of them. I feel honored to introduce many to school. It is my goal to help instill a love for learning, for school to be a place they want to be, and to create a place where children can explore their passions.