Credentials and work experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree: Grand Valley State University
- Early Childhood Endorsement: Oakland University
- Master’s Degree in Special Education. Learning Disabilities with an emphasis on ASD: Oakland University
- 6th, 7th and 8th grade Science and Biology Teacher: Our Lady of the Lakes 1988-1995
- Paraprofessional with the DOLLS program: Springfield Plains Elementary 1999-2001
- Resource Room Teacher: North Sashabaw Elementary 2001-2010
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher and Case Coordinator: DOLLS program 2010-current
Five things about me:
1. I am a strong supporter and advocate of children with differing abilities.
2. I have two adult children who went to Clarkston Schools. GO WOLVES!!!!
3. I teach Toddler Playtime classes with Mrs. G.
4. I love spending time with my family and friends.
5. I love learning!
What I love most about my profession:
I love that every day is a new and different adventure. I get to teach classes, go on home visits, do evaluations and PLAY PLAY PLAY!
Working in early intervention is so rewarding. I get to work closely with families and I have the opportunity to see amazing growth in a short period of time. There is nothing more special than seeing a student several years later doing well and knowing that I had a part in their educational career at a young age.