Credentials and work experience:
I have a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood from Baker College. I have continuing education in the Highscope curriculum, as well as in Conscious Discipline and Conflict Resolution. I have worked at the Clarkston Community Schools Early Childhood Center for 18 years. In that time I have worked in an all day multi age group (3-5 year olds), traditional half day preschool (3’s and 4’s), and most of my time has been spent in a GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program) classroom, and this year I have had the pleasure to teach in an all day three year old class.
Five things about me:
- I am married and have four children; Ashley, Olivia, Zachary and Harper.
- I love to spend time with my family.
- I love to read in my spare time.
- My favorite place to visit is the ocean.
- I love to learn new things.
What I love most about my profession:
Everything! I love that I get to be a part of all these little unique lives. Through a child initiated and natural environment together we continue to help each other learn and grow.