Credentials and work experience:
I graduated from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. I ran an in-home daycare for 8 years while my children were young. I've been teaching preschool in Clarkston for the last 15 years.
Five things about me :
1. My daughter, Nicki, is 23 years old, lives in St. Joe, MI, works 2 jobs and is studying to be a radiation technician at Lake Michigan College.
2. My son, Alex, is 20 years old, is studying criminal justice and is the starting kicker at the University of Pittsburgh.
3. I'm engaged to a wonderful man named Josh.
4. I grew up on the west side of the state in St. Joe. I lived in Wilmington, NC for 5 years after college. I've lived in Clarkston for the last 15 years.
5. I love to read, visit my children, go to the beach, and enjoy bonfires in my backyard!!
What I love most about my profession:
I love coming up with new experiences for my preschoolers and seeing the excitement on their faces when they walk into the classroom. I love those "aha!" moments when the children make a connection to what I'm teaching.