Ridgetop Middle School Library
School Closure - - - What can you do to have fun and keep learning?
- Read a book! Search for an e-book and read from your Chromebook or phone. See our e-book page for more details.
- Search for new books to read. Not sure what to read next? Check out our book awards page to get some ideas on what might be the next great read. Many of these books are available to you on Sora.
- Design a 3D object. Give Tinkercad a try. If you haven't gotten an account set up with Mrs. Robinson or one of your other teachers, ask your parents for permission to create an account on Tinkercad.com. Under "learn" you can access the starters to learn how to use the program, then start designing. You can email your finished designs to Mrs. Robinson for 3D printing when we return to school.
- Make a video. If you don't have video editing software on your phone or home computer, and your class hasn't tried WeVideo yet, you can email Mrs. Robinson to be added to our school WeVideo account. It's super easy to use and a lot of fun to create your own videos. Contact Mrs. Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share your book recommendations. If you have read a book that you'd like to recommend to other students, email Mrs. Robinson @email@example.com and let me know the title, author, and what you liked about the book. If I have some student recommendations to use, I will add it to the library website.
- Learn to code. Go to Code.org and choose learn. You can try some lessons without an account, but if you decide to make an account to save your work, make sure to get your parents' permission first.
Welcome to the Ridgetop Library!
We are open Monday-Wednesday and Friday from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm and Thursday from 7:00 am to 12:35 pm.
The library is open for quiet school work during "After Hours" on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2:10 to 4:00. All students must sign in and stay for the whole time period unless they have a note from a parent to leave earlier.
The library is a welcoming place for Raiders to READ, RESEARCH, and RELAX while being RESPECTFUL. Quiet talking is allowed.
- Passes - A signed planner is needed to enter the library during class periods, unless the student is accompanied by a staff member or with a class.
- Lunch time - The library is open during lunch most days for relaxing, reading, and computer work. Chess and scrabble boards are available for lunch recess. When a class is in the library for a lesson, the library will be closed during lunch.
- Sign-in - Students are to sign in at the circulation desk when entering the library, when not with a staff member. This ensures the safety of students.
- Computers - Students are welcome to use the computers any time during the school day and half an hour before and after school. No permission is needed.
- Printing and copying - Students are asked to try to keep their printing to 2 - 3 pages. A copy machine is available for students.
- Students may have 3 books checked out at a time. Overdues and book fines count toward the total number of books checked out.
- Student Requested Books - Students may request a book to be ordered by completing this form or filling out a suggestion sheet in the library. The librarian will make a decision on whether to order the book.
- Books on Hold - Students may place books on hold if they are currently checked out. If a student has three books out, an available book may be placed on hold for one day to allow the student to turn in books.
- Book Fines - If a book is lost, a student may pay for the book or purchase a copy of the book (in good condition) and give it to the library. Fines are also charged for damaged books. There are no fines for overdue books.
If you have any questions, please ask !