Ridgetop Middle School Library
Welcome to the Ridgetop Library!
We are open Monday-Wednesday and Friday from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm and Thursday from 7:00 am to 12:35 pm.
The library is open for quiet school work during "After Hours" on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2:10 to 4:00. All students must sign in and stay for the whole time period unless they have a note from a parent to leave earlier.
The library is a welcoming place for Raiders to READ, RESEARCH, and RELAX while being RESPECTFUL. Quiet talking is allowed.
- Passes - A signed planner is needed to enter the library during class periods, unless the student is accompanied by a staff member or with a class.
- Lunch time - The library is open during lunch most days for relaxing, reading, and computer work. Chess and scrabble boards are available for lunch recess. When a class is in the library for a lesson, the library will be closed during lunch.
- Sign-in - Students are to sign in at the circulation desk when entering the library, when not with a staff member. This ensures the safety of students.
- Computers - Students are welcome to use the computers any time during the school day and half an hour before and after school. No permission is needed.
- Printing and copying - Students are asked to try to keep their printing to 2 - 3 pages. A copy machine is available for students.
- Students may have 5 books checked out at a time. Overdues and book fines count toward the total number of books checked out.
- Student Requested Books - Students may request a book to be ordered by completing this form or filling out a suggestion sheet in the library. The librarian will make a decision on whether to order the book.
- Books on Hold - Students may place books on hold if they are currently checked out. If a student has five books out, an available book may be placed on hold for one day to allow the student to turn in books.
- Book Fines - If a book is lost, a student may pay for the book or purchase a copy of the book (in good condition) and give it to the library. Fines are also charged for damaged books. There are no fines for overdue books.
If you have any questions, please ask !