WANTS YOU TO KNOW...
Thursday April 27, 2023
4:00 - 6:00 pm
EXHIBITION OF SENIOR SERVICE LEARNING PROJECTS
VISUAL ART & MUSIC PERFORMANCES
TOURS & INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS & FAMILIES
Computer Science Leaders Prize!
December, 2022 -- City Academy, through the hard work of our computer science teacher Dennis Pedersen, is 1 of 2 schools in Utah and 1 of only 102 schools across the country that have been recognized by Code.org with the Computer Science Leaders award! This award comes with a prize of $10,000 to help our school enhance computer science education for our students.
We are proud of Mr. Pedersen’s hard work and commitment that have earned him this very deserved award and we look forward to the new educational opportunities in computer science that we will be able to offer our City Academy students.
Spring 2022 -- City Academy is an active Certiport Authorized Testing Center. This allows us to offer industry recognized certifications, in areas of computer science and digital media. We will begin by providing preparation and offering certifications for Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) and Adobe Certified Associate (ACA). As we expand our program, we will continue offering students more opportunities for industry recognized certifications.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this program please contact Mr. Pedersen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities In Computer Science
Fall 2021 -- City Academy has launched an expanded Computer Science Career Pathway Program to give every student access to the type of robust computer science education needed for their futures in today's world. All of our middle and high school students are able to take courses in coding, programming, and robotics. For high school students who want more specialized preparation we are now offering certificate programs in two career pathways - Cyber Security and Programming and Software Development. Our maker space will additionally give all students the opportunity to work on individual and team projects as they pursue their interests in computer science and physical computing.
Features that give our students:
A more flexible approach to middle and high school
A more personalized school experience
An even more interesting learning experience
Opportunity for $4,000 in College Scholarships
● A school day with flexible hours:
each student’s schedule tailored to their needs and choices.
● A wide range of options for learning:
in class, online, at local colleges, and in our city.
● Personalized support and mentoring
to help each student reach their goals.
● Chromebook Loan to Own Program – each student has use of a loaned City Academy Chromebook for the school year.
● Classes taught by caring teachers, passionate about their subjects, who enrich learning through activities including labs, class discussion and debate, guest speakers, field work, and use of technology.
● Opportunities to take classes for college credit, to take internships in career fields, to develop technology and programming skills.
● A commitment to develop students as citizens, including exploring current issues and developing responsible student voice and engagement.
● A variety of extra-curricular opportunities, and
● A dynamic, accepting school community in which every student matters.
To find out how City Academy can be a more flexible, personal, and interesting school for your student, email email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!