About Mrs. Pierce
Hello! My name is Janet Pierce. This is my 12th year teaching and 16th year in education. I have taught Kindergarten-12th grade in some capacity, but most of time has been spent teaching American History to grades 5-10.
I absolutely love Childress High School! This is my 3rd year at CHS teaching US History and Yearbook. For 5 years I taught at Childress Elementary School teaching US History and Science. I have a degree in History--so this is my "DREAM JOB!"
I discovered that I have a passion for taking sports pics for Yearbook! This isn't a new thing for me though... I was on the annual staff my junior year at Lubbock Cooper High School! (GO PIRATES!)
- High School: Lubbock Cooper High School 1998
- College: Midwestern State University-Bachelor of Arts in History 2002
- Post grad Teacher Certification: Collin County Community College: 2005
- Graduate Degree: Lamar University-Master of Education in Educational Administration-2016
- Social Studies 4-8; 8-12
- Core Subjects 4-8
- ESL Supplemental 4-12
- Principal EC-12
- Ginger Tucker New Teacher Academy & Mentor Instructor/Trainer
- I am married to Justin. He is the tall manager at United--and maybe your boss! We have been married for 17 years. He is the cheese to my macaroni. We met at United when we were in college at MSU!! He was a full scholarship college football player!!! Hard work and dedication pay off! He has worked for United Supermarkets for 27 years
- Justin and I have 3 children. Cole is 13 and in 8th grade. Natalie is 11 and in 6th grade. Katy is 9 and in 4th grade. They are a lot of fun and make me a better person and teacher!
- I love to read. If it was up to me...I'd read all day. I enjoy mysterious "who done-it" fiction, biographies, history non-fiction, and teacher/motivational books.
- I also love to exercise. On any given day you might find me teaching a fitness class (turbo kickboxing or PiYo), lifting weights, or riding my road bicycle. My husband and I ride in a few bike races a year. My farthest bike ride was 100 kilometers (62 miles). My husband has ridden in several 100 mile races! (Wow!) My goal is to ride a 100 mile bike race before I'm 40!
- I enjoy our farm. We have 130 acres north of town. It is beautiful! We have cows, chickens, dogs, and cats. I collect a lot of eggs each day!
- I love the outdoors. The perfect vacation for me is the mountains! Sigh...nothing feels better than breathing in the piney smell of the mountain air!
- I LOVE Texas Tech sports (esp. football & basketball), the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs, and the CHILDRESS BOBCATS!
- I love teaching. Helping others is like breathing to me. It makes me feel alive!!