We Are Mindful...
Welcome to Cheltenham School District’s Mindfulness/Applied Positive Psychology Site
Mindfulness is purely focusing on one thing at a time with kindness and non-judgment. Mindfulness is not confined to meditation; although mindful meditations are one way to practice mindfulness. According to Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), "Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally."
Applied Positive Psychology is devoted to building your strengths as you focus on your wellbeing. According to Dr. Chris Peterson, a founding father of positive psychology, "Positive psychology is the scientific study of what makes life most worth living."
Staff Wellbeing Events for 2018-2019
- October 23: Soul Collage @ Myers 4:15 to 5:30
- November 26: Yoga @ Myers 4:15 to 5:30
- December 10: Self Defense @ Myers 4:30 to 5:30
- January 10: Essential Oils @ Myers 4:15 to 5:30
- February 13: Water Color @ CHS room 257 4:15
- March 13: Reki @ Myers rm 218 4:15
- April - Drumming @ Elkins Park TBD
- May - Nature Mindful Walk TBD
- June - TBD