Create a Core Values poster
- Discuss ways your team used the Core Values this season – both in team meetings and in other parts of life. Make a list of examples.
- Ask your team to select examples that highlight the specific Core Values areas below. These are typically the most challenging categories for judges to explore during judging sessions. The poster can help your team present their successes in an organized format.
c. Discovery: Provide examples from the season about things your team discovered that were not focused on gaining an advantage in the competition or winning an award. Tell the judges how the team balanced all three parts of FIRST LEGO League (Core Values, Project and Robot Game), especially if they were really excited about one part.
- Integration:ProvideexamplesofhowyourteamappliedtheCoreValuesandother things you learned through FIRST LEGO League to situations outside of team activities. Let the judges know how team members integrated new ideas, skills and abilities into their everyday life.
- Inclusion: Describe how your team listened to and considered ideas from everyone and made each team member feel like a valued part of the team. Share with the judges how they accomplished more by working together than any team member could have done alone.
- Coopertition:Describehowyourteamhonorsthespiritoffriendlycompetition.Include information about how your team provided assistance to and/or received assistance from other teams. Share with the judges how your team members help each other, and help other teams to prepare for a potentially stressful competition experience.
- Other: Use the middle of the poster to highlight anything else your team would like to share with the judges about the remaining Core Values criteria. Maybe consider sharing examples of team spirit, respect, or teamwork.
Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® through our Core Values:
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!