As of 6-21 I have personally inspected these 5 motels. (All have non-smoking rooms, free continental brkfst, wifi.) See Sketch Map for locations relative to dance venue.
1. Best deal: Manor Inn $73/night (incl tax, for weekend of 8/4, prices vary with events in town, esp football games). Motel is clean, in good repair, has non-smoking and smoking rooms (different buildings). Rooms with 1 king or 2 double beds. Exterior entrances. Free cancellation of reservation until 48 hrs ahead.
www.manorhouseinn.com 979-764-9540 2504 Texas Ave South, College Station, TX 77840
2. Good: Motel 6 $62/night (incl tax, for weekend of 8/4, 2 adults, 2 double beds). This motel has been newly renovated. Exterior entrances. No carpet, quite clean, bathroom in excellent condition. Bed looks like mattress on top of spring frame. Did not lie down on it. The price I was quoted in-person might be $5 less than for a younger person -"I'm giving you the senior discount". There are 3 Motel 6's in BCS; I have not visited the other 2.
www.motel6.com/en/motels.tx.bryan.8854.html (979) 822-6196 1601 Texas Ave, Bryan, TX 77802
3. OK: Super 8 $73/night (incl tax, for weekend of 8/4, 2 double beds; & $61/night 1 double bed). Bathroom in good condition. Interior entrances. Free cancellation of reservation until 48 hrs ahead.
email@example.com 979-846-8800 301 Texas Ave South, College Station, TX 77840
4. Not as good: Days Inn $80/night (incl tax, for weekend of 8/4) Not in as good repair as Manor Inn, and the room I inspected smelled musty. It is right next door to Manor Inn (which is why I inspected - it was easy to do.) Exterior entrances.
www.bcsdaysinn.com 979-696-6988 2514 Texas Ave South, College Station, TX 77840
5. Maybe not. University Inn $60/night (incl tax, weekend rate, walk-in). I stayed here overnight myself, Sat. 6/16, to be sure, because I thought it _might_ be a good deal. It once was very elegant, and has attractive landscaping still, and looks clean, but I found house roaches in the room at night. (Tripadvisor and such advertise it for $42+/night. Hotel-motel tax is 15.75% on top of that.) Exterior entrances.
UniversityInnBryan.us (979) 703-7989 2300 S Texas Ave, Bryan, TX 77802
I have not visited this one in person because it is pretty new and I am confident it is good. It looks like a good deal for several people.
Residence Inn $99/night (from web, add 15.75% hotel/motel tax) Also has 2-room suites, 2 bed, 2 bath, sofa bed $137/night (same price for 1-6 adults, pre-pay, non-refundable, don't know if 15.75% tax is in addition, probably yes).
www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cllri-residence-inn-bryan-college-station (979) 268-2200 720 University Dr E, College Station, TX 77840
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/.../cllbi-fairfield-inn-and-suites-bryan-college-station/ (979) 268-1552 4613 Texas Ave, Bryan, TX 77802
There are LOTS of motels and hotels in Bryan and College Station. I focussed on inspecting a few with cheaper prices.