Update 10/20/20: We will be sending out a questionnaire regarding participation in athletics soon.
The Texas Charter School Academic and Athletics League (TCSAAL) has implemented rules to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Fans (parents/family, other students, teachers, etc) will NOT be allowed at sporting events; players, coaches, and officials only.
- Athletes who are on the field/court playing do not have to wear a mask. Players who are sitting out, coaches, and officials will wear masks the entire time.
- Sports seasons will be 4-5 weeks long as opposed to 8-10 weeks long
- If a player/coach has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid, the entire team will be quarantined for 10 days. Any games scheduled during that time will have to be rescheduled if time permits.
- If a player/coach tests positive for Covid, the entire team will be quarantined for 14+ days. Any games scheduled during that time will have to be rescheduled if time permits.
If we participate in athletics this year, your student athlete (whether learning remotely or in person) will need to go to the school during season for daily practices. Guardians must drop off and pick up their student athlete on time each day. Guardians will not be allowed to stay on campus during practices. Each athlete must bring their own personal water bottle; the school will not be providing them this year to help prevent the spread of Covid.
Update 8/28/20: Cedars International Academy's board approved not starting face-to-face classes and athletics until Austin is at Stage 2. At this time, the safety of our student athletes, coaches, and their families are our top priority. We will be reassessing in Sept/Oct when other schools will have had face to face classes for several weeks, and we will see if there is an increase in positive COVID-19 cases or not. Thank you for your continued patience, stay safe and healthy!
7/15/20 COVID-19 update: Cedars International Academy and Cedars Next Generation HS have decided there will only be remote learning for the first 9 weeks of the upcoming school year (2020-2021) based upon the current health conditions.
More information will be available once state officials, TCSAAL league officials, and our school officials decide what this means for our sports' seasons and what we need to do to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and their families. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!
3/13/20 COVID-19 update : Our sports league, TCSAAL, has suspended all athletic and academic competitions until further notice. This will not impact Cedars International Adacemy, as our last sport season (soccer) has been completed. Please continue to stay safe and healthy!