Cumberland County Schools Syllabus
Teacher Name & email: Daniel Delk; firstname.lastname@example.org
Textbook (Title and ISBN): Houghton Mifflin/Harcourt, “Go Math! Middle School Grade 7” 978-0-544-05675-6
· Three ring binder (at least 1-inch)
· Pencils, Pens, and a Highlighter
· Calculator (Ti-30X)
· Index cards
· Subject dividers
Grading Procedure (Daily, Test, Quiz):
A 93 - 100
B 85 - 92
C 75 - 84
D 70 - 74
F 0 - 69
· Daily Grades- 10%
· Quizzes- 25%
· Class Participation- 25%
· Tests- 40%
· Daily grades will come from class work and homework assignments. Students will have the opportunity to correct any assignment in this category that scores below a 70 within two days unless stated otherwise.
· Quiz grades will come from quizzes in class. Students will have the opportunity to correct any assignment in this category that scores below a 70 within two days unless stated otherwise.
· Class participation grades will be determined twice per 9 weeks and will come from the students’ involvement in class and completion of assignments. All students will start with 100% in this category and will lose:
o 1 point a day for each late homework assignment. (Max of 4 days)
o 5 points for each homework assignment not turned in.
o 10 points for each test or quiz correction not turned in.
· Test grades will come from tests taken in class. Students scoring below a 70 will be required to have the test signed by a parent, and must correct all missed questions. Students will NOT receive partial credit for completing test corrections unless stated otherwise.
Attendance/Make-Up Work Policy:
Absent students will have 3 days to make upon their return.
The syllabus is subject to change. Both students and parents will be notified upon changes to the syllabus.
Parent Signature:_________________________ Date:____________________
Student Signature:________________________ Date:____________________
Additional Class Information can be found at teacher website: