Welcome to Central Christian Church
Keeping Christ Central Since 1895!
1. RSVP to the church office no later than Thursday of the week you plan to attend worship in person. 12 family units will be permitted to attend in person the first week. Singles count as one family unit. If we need to have a second worship service due to high demand we will.
2. Park every other space in the church parking lot.
3. Face coverings or masks will be required.
4. Sanitize hands upon entering the church.
5. Dispose of any waste (plastic bag provided for communion elements) upon exiting the sanctuary.
6. Sanitize hands upon exiting the church.
· If you do not feel comfortable attending church in person at this time we will continue to have the service streamed live on Facebook each Sunday, and the parking lot will continue to be open if you would like to listen to the service from the comfort of your car on 90.7 FM. To help promote social distancing we would ask that you remain in your vehicle if you plan to listen in the parking lot.
· We ask for your grace in this situation. We have never been presented with such a challenge. As we enter this uncharted territory our goal is to provide a worship service that is honoring to Christ while keeping safety and health at a very high level.
Thanks!-CCC Soft Reopen Task Force
Twenty-First Sunday after Pentecost
Order of Worship
(Click above link for our Facebook page)
Call to Worship
Opening Hymn: No, Not One
Old Testament Reading: Psalm 27 (NIV)
New Testament Reading: 1 Peter 1:1-9
Sermon: A Living Hope
Prayer Hymn: The Voice of God Is Calling
Prayer of the People
The Lord's Supper*Take part of the element as you see fit. Either after each element has been blessed or after the words of institution have been concluded.
Closing Hymn: There's Within My Heart a Melody
Benediction Hymn: Go In Peace
*Musical Accompaniment by Chloe Raber
Dear Ohio Region,
The Psalmist writes:
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth;
break forth into joyous song and sing praises.
Sing praises to the Lord with the lyre,
with the lyre and the sound of melody.
With trumpets and the sound of the horn
make a joyful noise before God the Almighty!
We have reason to be joyful in Ohio today! Today we celebrate that we have in just 7 weeks already exceeded our goal for the Renewal Initiative! As of 4:00 pm today (9/10/20), we have received gifts totaling $75,506.11! Plus, we know that there are still generous donations from Congregations and individuals on their way to further exceed this initial goal.
For this, we rejoice and give thanks. We give thanks for the hard work of our regional staff who have worked on this initiative and continue to provide resources and support for ministry in Ohio. We give thanks for the guidance and wisdom of the Christian Church Foundation and the visiting Regional Ministers who helped us to frame this initiative and who continue to support Ohio in this time of transition! We give thanks for the volunteers who made phone calls and talked with people to deepen our relationships and to deepen our understanding of one another through this process of renewal. We especially give thanks to all of those individuals and congregations who gave generously to the Renewal Initiative for the Ohio Region!
Most importantly, we give thanks to our God, whose grace and mercy is at the center of all the ministry we do. We give thanks for the Spirit for guiding us this far, and for Christ who invites us to take next steps in building the kingdom of God here on earth.
Because of your generosity, we are able to move forward with our Regional Ministry Search Team, we have a clearer pathway towards being able to reopen Camp Christian in summer 2021, and we are able to continue to serve God in Ohio through our shared Regional and Camp Christian ministries.
This is indeed a time to sing praises to God, to sing a new song of thanksgiving and joy. In a year when we may have found rejoicing difficult to come by, let us take time to celebrate. Let us celebrate the many good gifts we give to one another and the abundant gifts of the Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer. Thanks be to God!
For more information about the Renewal Initiative, including how to give, as well as continued tracking of donations as we receive them, go to https://www.ccinoh.com/other-pages/renewal-initiative.aspx.