Class Information: Mr. Kirk and Mrs. Williams
- Georgia Studies is comprised of material on the History, Geography, Government, and Economics of our state. Throughout the year we will study many units that touch on these topics.
- Students will need a composition book for class. These will be used to make Interactive Student Notebooks (ISN) for the year. These will be kept in class, however, students may take these home to study for assessments.
- Students may utilize and download the GPB App on any of thier devices to use a resource to the class. Additionally, we have sets of streams that we use in class that students may use to go to the GPB Education Website.
- Grading: Each Nine Weeks we will have 4-5 Summative Assessments that will count for 80% of the grade. Additionally we will have 6- Formative Assessments that will count for 20% of the Grade. Summative Assessments can replace Formative Assessment grades. Students may reassess on Summative assignments provided that they come in for additional help from Mr. Kirk or Mrs. Williams. (*Nine Weeks Exams cannot be retaken.)
3/2 - Open Notes Formative on Civil Rights Movement. Recieve Exam Review Sheet.
3/3 - Go over Exam Review Sheet in Class. Quizizz Review.
3/4 - Quizizz Review. Work on ABC Civil Rights Book. Due Next Tuesday 3/11.
3/5 - Third Nine Weeks Exam
3/6 - ABC Civil Rights Book. counts as 1/2 of Unit 10 Summative.
If you need to reassess on any Third Nine Weeks Summatives, Please see Mr. Kirk ASAP. (Unit 7, Unit 8, or Unit 9)
Georgia Studies Teacher Notes for the Georgia Standards of Excellence in Social Studies:
Unit 1: The Geography of Georgia
Unit 2: GA's Beginnings
Unit 3: The Colony of Georgia
- Unit 3 Summative Review Sheet
- Unit 3 Review Sheet Answers
- Unit 3 Study Materials
- Unit 3 Study Chart- You must download the document to Microsoft Word to view the entire document.
Unit 4: Georgia in the Revolution
*Unit 4 Reassessment on Thursday 10/31: In order to reassess, students must Join Google Classroom and turn in questions and complete Quizizz (2) practice. Google Classroom code: d96ivo
Unit 5: Georgia's Westward Expansion and Indian Removal
Unit 6: Georgia in the Civil War and Reconstruction
*Use Unit 4, Unit 5, and Unit 6 Quizizz codes to review. They are active and have been updated.
*Exam review sheet answers can be found on the Unit 4, Unit 5, and Unit 6 Review Sheet answers. Questions for exam review were taken off these sheets.
Unit 7: Georgia during the New South Era
Activities and notes can be found in the Google Classroom.
Quizizz Codes: 779402, 986601, 665951
Unit 8: World War I and The Great Depression
Quizizz codes: 477956, 050587, 238959, 764345, 988643, 765111
Unit 9: World War II and The Rise of Modern Georgia
Quizizz Codes WWII: 590887
Quizizz Codes Post WWII: 923193, 275965, 998379
Third Nine Weeks Exam Materials
Quizizz Review for Exam: 022715