Scholarships are a great way to help finance a college education because they are essentially free money students can use to pay tuition, purchase books and supplies, and help with room and board.
Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Contact the FINANCIAL AID OFFICE of the school where you apply for admission.
- Listen for announcements at school and check periodically in the Guidance Office for applications.
- Conduct scholarship searches online at sites such as Fastweb, GaFutures, and others to access applications for scholarships, grants and loans as well as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Check the eligibility criteria and deadlines before you apply for the scholarship.
- Check the HOPE scholarship, HOPE provides money to outstanding Georgia students who plan to attend college in Georgia.
- Join the LHS Scholarship Remind
Text @B39868 To: 81010
Local Scholarships that our students have received in previous years:
This list is updated when information is received.