FLEX Learning Day
Flexible Learning Days at Byron Public Schools
What is a Flex Learning Day (FLD)?
This day refers to a school day where instead of coming to a school, teachers and students communicate online or set up prior learning expectations, and the students continue their learning from home. On an FLD, teachers will share assignments and hold office hours in which they are available to provide learning support to students. Teachers can opt to do this from off-campus or their classroom.
About Byron Flex Learning Days
Announcing and facilitating Flex Learning Days
- Families of students will receive an automated phone call notifying them of the impending FLD, along with our typical announcements on inclement weather days.
- Teachers will communicate assignments for the students in the courses that would have met that day.
- Teachers will be online and accessible during regular school hours to provide support for student learning.
- Teachers may also have sent home pre-planned activities to be used on an FLD. This will be common in our early grades but may take place in other grades also.
- As always, accommodations will be made for students with special needs and for students that do not have access to the internet.
Teachers, administrators, and other licensed professionals will be available by phone, email or via the grade-appropriate digital learning space (Google Classroom, Moodle, Google Hangout, or SeeSaw) from 9:00 am - 11:30 a.m. and then from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. The teacher’s website and your child’s school staff directory includes all district email addresses.
Accessing curricular materials and teachers
Students will receive a Flexible Learning Day activity matrix to bring home. Students complete a portion of the activities as directed, record them on the activity matrix itself, and send back to school with a parent/caregiver signature. Click links below to access.
Byron Middle and High School staff will post the day’s activities on Google Classroom or Moodle no later than 9:00 a.m. Students will submit the Flexible Learning Day activity based on the teacher’s instructions.
Special Education, ELL, Counselors/Social Worker, School Nurse, Specialist
Staff will monitor email and other digital communications to answer questions and provide feedback to teachers, parents, and students as needed between 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and then from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m
- Early Childhood Intervention
- ECSE /K Speech and Language (Articulation, Language)
- Grade 1-2 Speech and Language (Document)
- Grade 3-5 Speech and Language (Articulation, Language)
- Elementary Special Ed - Primary
- Elementary Special Ed - Intermediate
- Elementary Specialists
- DAPE - Elementary
- DAPE - Secondary