Greenfield elementary PBIS
Welcome to Greenfield's PBIS page!
PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports.
The foundation framework of PBIS at Greenfield Elementary is the three school-wide expectations:
- Be Kind
- Be Safe
- Be Responsible
Mission Statement: In conjunction with the Baldwin Woodville School District and the School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), students at Greenfield Elementary will use the HAWK acronym to help maintain a safe environment that fosters growth and development.
Greenfield Elementary Behavior Expectations:
In addition to our behavior expectations, PBIS has four other components:
1) A Behavior Matrix explaining behavior expectations in each school setting.
2) Direct Teaching of each expectation.
3) PBIS Recognition Activities (school-wide and within individual classrooms).
4) Behavior Tracking Forms to record behavior and reteach appropriate behaviors.
To be successful, our behavior program needs to be a partnership between home and school. Throughout the school year the PBIS team will send updates and information about PBIS. We invite your comments, concerns and ideas to make PBIS work at our school.
Please Support Our Greenfield PBIS Program at Home by:
- Reviewing, signing and returning the behavior matrix slip sent home with your child.
- Having clear behavior expectations with your child and reviewing them on a regular basis.
- Reinforcing the expectations to Be Kind, Be Safe, and Be Responsible.
- Providing positive reinforcement (rewarding good choices with compliments or quality time).
- Sharing comments with or asking questions of PBIS team members.