Special Class ELA and Math - 6th Grade
Extra Help Time: Thursdays: 2:45-3:20
The 6th grade students have been working hard this year. The following are some highlights from our class:
- Essay Writing: Students have been working on writing 5 paragraph essays. Their first essay was on Life in Space. The students researched aspects of space and used graphic organizers to organize the facts they found. We are concentrating on writing strong introductions and conclusions. We are now writing essays on Special Effects.
- Vocabulary: Students have been learning advanced vocabulary. They are using context to determine the meaning of words. We've been working hard differentiating between synonyms and antonyms for the new words.
- Handwriting: Students are learning cursive writing while reinforcing grammar rules.
- Long Division with remainders
- Adding, subtracting multiplying and dividing fractions
- Measurement - metric and standard
- Solving equations using variables.
I look forward to updating you on the students progress as the year progresses. So far, they have made me very proud!
Scope and Sequence
- Be responsible, respectful and safe.
- Believe in yourself!
- Listen to the teacher.
- Do good work.
- Try your best.
- If you are upset, you can: tell a teacher, take a deep breath, take a break.
- Use good manners.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Please share.
Assignments - Calendar
ELA: Introductory paragraph worksheet
Math: Odysseyware L: Division and Roman Numerals assignment on Chromebooks
ELA: Growing words with roots worksheet
Math: Odysseyware L: Rounding and Shapes assignment on Chromebooks