Mrs. Nelson's Guidance Page
About Mrs. Nelson
Hello and Hola! I am Mrs. Nelson and I am so excited to be one of the counselors here at Branchburg Central Middle School. If you are on the Champions, Innovators or the Force, I will be your counselor! I graduated from Rutgers University Graduate School of Education with a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology. Prior to coming to BCMS, I was a high school counselor so I love talking about future college plans and career interests. In my free time I love spending time with my family. Please stop by my office to say hello, I love getting to know my students and their parents.
Facts About Me
My favorite snack is: Popcorn
My favorite animal: Sea otters
My favorite car: Old Mustangs
¡Hablo Español! I played the violin for 8 years
and now I’m teaching myself to play the ukulele.
Follow Guidance on Twitter @BCMS_Guidance
Where are You headed?
- Academy for Health and Medical Services:
Application deadline is February 13, 2019 Mandatory parent and student information sessions on the following dates, all sessions begin at 6:00pm.
Thursday - October 25, 2018, Thursday - November 15, 2018, Thursday - January 10, 2019, Thursday - January 24, 2019, Tuesday - February 5, 2019
For more information and to register for a session: click here
- MEAM Program Application will be available at the end of October
- Dance Program Application will be available at the end of October
- Theater Arts Program: Information session: Friday, January 18, 2019 from 9:00 am - 11:30 a.m. For more information: Theater Arts Program Information
- The SCVT general application will be available on the Vo Tech website at the end of October and it is due in February; please check the website: Application Information
- BCMS Vo Tech Day: November 21st
- Vo Tech Open House: February 2, 2019
Students interested in attending private school after BCMS must bring a signed Transcript Release Form and submit it to the guidance department. This form is given to you by the school you are applying to.
Give teacher recommendation forms to teachers with a stamped envelope addressed to the school you are applying to, or provide the on-line recommendation link to teachers. Please give teachers at least 2 weeks to complete recommendations.