Welcome and thank you for using Borealis Philanthropy's Grantee Portal. This system is Borealis' central hub for managing your user data, submitting letters of interest (LOIs), grant applications, and/or reports.
This wiki will guide you through how to register for a Borealis portal account, how to log in to your Borealis portal account after registering for an account, how to create a grantee profile for your organization, how to enter bank account information for your organization should you choose to be paid via ACH/direct deposit, and how to sign grant agreement letters using our digital document signing software.
Should you have any questions about the grantee portal that extend beyond the content of this wiki, please e-mail the Borealis Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is recommended that you use Salesforce with Google Chrome for best performance.
In addition, Salesforce Lightning Edition (utilized by Borealis) offers the following screen readers:
Registering your account
2. Next, you will be prompted to enter information about your organization. Please note that the legal name of your organization and its EIN/tax identification number are required.
2a. Click "next" when you are finished entering information.
3. You will then be asked to enter the name of your organization's primary contact. This contact will be associated with the organization's record in our system. First name, last name, and email address are required fields.
3a. Click "next" when the information has been entered.
4. After staff contact information has been entered, you will be prompted to create a username and password. Please note, all three fields on this page are required.
4a. Once all information has been entered, click "register".
5. You will then receive an email requiring you to verify your email address. Clicking the link will confirm your registration. You must click this link within 24 hours or it will expire. If the email does not arrive within 2 hours, we recommend checking your spam/junk folder.
6. After you've clicked the link to confirm your registration, you will be directed to this page. Select the "Go To Login Page" link.
7. You have now logged in to the grants portal. Your applications will appear in your grantee dashboard.
We recommend keeping your account activation email as it contains your username.
Logging In To Your Account After Registration
Once you've registered for an account, follow these instructions to log in to your account.
1. Navigate to borealisphilanthropy.force.com. Log in using your credentials. If you have forgotten your login credentials, reference the email shown above sent to you after activating your account.
2. This will take you to your grantee dashboard. Here, you will be able to select between open and closed applications and reports. You are now logged in to the Borealis Philanthropy grants portal.
Creating an Organization Profile & Entering Organizational Bank Account Information
Once you've registered for a Borealis portal account, you need to create an organizational profile.
1. First, navigate to borealisphilanthropy.force.com. Log in using the credentials you established during registration and click "sign in".
2. Once logged in, click on the "Profile" link at the top of your page.
3. You will be taken to a page where you will be able to fill out detailed information about your organization. Click the "edit" button in the upper-right-hand corner to edit fields on this page.
4. Complete as much information as you have available.
**Please note: your organization's bank account information (should you choose for your organization to be paid via ACH) is only visible & accessible to Borealis Philanthropy's Finance Team. Your data will be stored securely.**
***Following approval of your grant, you can expect to be paid within 2 weeks via ACH or 3 weeks via check.***
Click "save" to save your data once you are finished entering data.
5. Click the "contact" tab and then "edit" to fill out information about your organization's primary contact.
6. Click "save" once you are done filling in data.
Once you have completed all the above steps, your profile is complete!
Accessing Open Grant Applications
Borealis funds will often offer "open" applications; no private link is needed to access these applications. Follow the steps below to locate and apply for these opportunities.
2. You will be taken to your Grantee Dashboard. Locate the "Explore Grant Opportunities" tab and click on it.
3. Once on the Explore Grant Opportunities menu, you will find a list of available open applications. Find the application that best fits your organization's needs and capacity and click on it to begin. You may have also been alerted to this application by a member of Borealis' program staff.
4. You will be taken to the introduction page of the application, where a brief description of the application and instructions for filling it out will be provided. You will also note the application deadline in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
4a. Once you have reviewed the description and instructions, click "create application" to begin filling in information.
5. Fill out the fields of the application as best you can. Make sure to click "save" at the bottom of each page to ensure your data is retained.
6. Once you are ready to submit your application, click "Review & Submit".
7. You will have the opportunity to review all of the information you entered. Click "back to record" if you need to make any changes.
7a. If all of your information is correct and you are ready to submit, click "submit". You will be prompted asking you to confirm your decision. Make sure to click "OK".
Following application submission, a member of Borealis' fund staff will follow up with you if they need any additional information.
If you experience any technical difficulties while filling out your application, feel free to contact Borealis' Grants Management team at email@example.com. If your question pertains to application content, please reach out to the appropriate fund staff member.
Accessing Closed/Private Grant Applications
Borealis funds will often issue private/closed applications accessible only via a link distributed by our program staff. If you've been given a link to apply for a Borealis grant from a program staff member, follow the steps below to access and apply for the grant.
1. Locate the application link provided to you by Borealis program staff. This can generally be found in a RFP emailed out in advance of the grant cycle.
If you have lost the email, reach out to the fund staff member you have been in contact with to receive a new link.
2. The link will generally start with a borealisphilanthropy.force.com URL. If it does not, copy and paste it on to the end of borealisphilanthropy.force.com in your browser.
Note: Borealis' grant portal works best with the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
3. Once you have attempted to visit the application via the link provided, you may be prompted to log in to the Borealis grants portal. If not, and you arrive at a version of the application that isn't editable, open a new browser tab, visit borealisphilanthropy.force.com, log in to the portal, and try using the application link again.
Accessing a Saved but Incomplete Application
If you are working on a Borealis grant application but need to return to it later, you can save it and your data will be retained. Follow the steps below to retrieve your incomplete application.
1. Navigate to borealisphilanthropy.force.com and enter your credentials.
2. Once you are logged in, you will be directed to the grantee dashboard. You should see your incomplete application listed on the "Open Items" menu on the Applications tab.
2a. When you have located the application you wish to continue, click the down arrow on the right-hand side and select "edit".
You should then be able to resume editing your application.
3. Alternatively, you can access your application by clicking or copying-and-pasting the link to a private application provided by fund staff. When you arrive at the application, you will receive a prompt alerting you that you have data entered for the same application. Make sure to select "Go to Dashboard" to access your application. You will then be directed back to your grantee dashboard, where steps 2 and 2a above will allow you to access and resume editing your application.
Conga Sign Instructions
Conga Sign is the application Borealis Philanthropy uses to distribute grant agreement letters for signatures. If you receive a grant award from one of our funds, you will need to sign your grant agreement letter using this web application. Please use the following instructions to sign a grant agreement letter using Conga Sign.
1. Once you are approved for a Borealis grant, our system will distribute a grant agreement letter to be signed by our President and your organization's signatory asking you to sign. Click "begin signing" to proceed.
2. You will then be directed to add your signature to a Grant Agreement Letter. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the form. Once you have provided all of the requested signatures, you will receive a confirmation email indicating that the grant agreement letter is complete. This will trigger bill payment and will be forwarded to Borealis Philanthropy's Finance Team for final approval and payment.
How To Reassign Signers in Conga Sign
If you receive a Grant Agreement Letter from Borealis and need to change the staff member at your organization responsible for signing off on the grant, follow the steps below.
1. Open the email you receive with the grant agreement letter from Conga Sign that has been assigned to you to sign.
2. Select the Click Here button next to the reassign signer prompt.
3. Complete the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields to change to the reassigned signer.
3a. If you wish, you can fill out the Optional Message field to explain to the new signer what the document is and what their responsibilities will be.
4. Click "Send Now". The reassigned sender will receive a new Conga Sign transaction email requiring them to complete signatures on the document.