The August Calendar is up :)
Look for the tab 8th/9th schedule
We are hoping for access to the gym for tryouts, but if for some reason we are unable to use the gym because of construction we will have tryouts elsewhere and will let you know asap. Excited for the season to get started :)
Also if you would like to receive volleyball updates over the summer/fall, Coach Leslie will be using an app called Remind, it is free to use.
To get messages text @hillsidevo to the number 81010
- Players need to be dressed and ready by the time practice is scheduled to start, whether that is early or late practice.
- Please refer to the calendar to find out when your team has practice each day.
- IF your student-athlete is unable to attend a practice please have them inform the coach ahead of time. You may also email us directly to inform us of any conflicts.
- Hillside is a student first, athlete second school. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our student-athletes are performing in the classroom as well as on the court. Therefore, we will be conducting weekly grade checks.
- Students with a D will still be allowed to practice and play in the weekly games.
- However, coaches will be talking with the student to ensure the grade goes up.
- Students with an F will NOT be allowed to play, but still may attend practices and the game to support their team.
- Coaches will talk with the student and help create a plan for how the grade will be improved over the course of the week.
- Buses are provided for each game to transport student-athletes to and from away games. Student-athletes are expected to ride the bus to other schools for games, but parents may take their student-athlete home after the game. Please see policy below.
After Away Games:
- Parents MUST sign out their student-athlete with the coach. Failure to do so will result in the player not playing in the next game.
- This ensures that your student-athlete is accounted for and coaches are not searching for them after the game when ready to leave. We do not want anyone left behind and unaccounted for at the end of the day.
- Per district policy, the coaches will not release a player to ride home with another player’s parent without written/verbal permission from both parents.
- This can be in the form of a written note or an email that has all parties involved in the conversation regarding taking someone else home.