FOOTBALL RULES AND PROCEDURES
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
A team must have at least 18 members at the start of the season or permission from District Athletic Director in order to compete in a contest.
Home school will furnish chain crews. It is highly recommended that parent volunteers be used. The home school will decide what sideline the chains will be located.
Lightweight and Heavyweight teams will play with an intermediate size football. Mouthpieces will be furnished by players and must be worn during all practices and games. Home school will provide water for the visiting team.
Each junior high school will have two teams comprised of 7th and 8th graders. 9th grade players will play for their high school teams.
Heavyweight team. . . . . . . .116 pounds and over
Lightweight team. . . . . . . . .115 pounds and under
Athletic Directors will weigh in 7th and 8th grade players during the first week of practice. Numerical team rosters will be sent to the District Athletic Director before the first game.
LENGTH OF QUARTERS
Lightweight and Heavyweight teams . . . . 8 minute quarters
1. Players must have 4 days of practice without pads. On the fifth day pads may be used.
2. Heavy and Lightweight teams are limited to two hour practices and no “two-a-days” prior to the start of school.
Any protest of a rule violation must be submitted in writing to the District Athletic Director.
Games will not end in a tie. The Kansas City playoff (from the 10 yard line) will be used to break all ties in games.
- First, second, third, and fourth place league finishers will participate in a playoff.
- Winners of the playoff games will play in a championship game.
- In the event of a tie, league standings will be determined by head to head competition, compare top down competition, Kansas City playoff. If a Kansas City playoff is required, it will be played at a neutral site.
- Highest seed gets choice of sideline in championship game.
- The championship games will be played on a Saturday at Dona Larsen Park (if available).
No pre-season conditioning or practice prior to the official starting date.