Hillside Boys Basketball
- Players need to be dressed and ready by the time practice is scheduled to start, whether that is early or late practice.
- Please refer to the calendar to find out when your team has practice each day.
- IF you student-athlete is unable to attend a practice please have them inform the coach. You may also email us directly to inform us of any conflicts.
- Hillside is a student first, athlete second school. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our student-athletes are performing in the classroom as well as on the court. Therefore, we will be conducting weekly grade checks.
- Students with a D will still be allowed to practice and play in the weekly games.
- However, coaches will be talking with the student to ensure the grade goes up.
- Students with an F will NOT be allowed to play, but still may attend practices and the game to support their team.
- Coaches will talk with the student and help create a plan for how the grade will be improved over the course of the week.
Game Time Expectations:
- Players are dressed and ready to play 30 minutes prior to game
- No jewelry, watches, or metal hair ties/clips allowed in the game
- White t-shirts may be worn under the uniform if desired
- Players are expected to sit on the bench during the entire game
- Only team members and coaches are allowed on the bench
- No food or drinks, other than water, at the bench during the game
- Cell phones are not permitted on the bench or during your team’s game
- Players, who have finished or are waiting for their game, are representing their team, coaches, and Hillside Jr. High and are expected to conduct themselves accordingly…
- When one team is playing, the other team is to sit in the stands and cheer for the team on the floor or work on school work
- Players are expected to use good sportsmanship at all times
- Players are not permitted to leave the gym area without a teammate and permission from their coach (away games)