Arbor Park Library
Arbor Park Library Media Mission
It is the purpose and mission of the Arbor Park Intermediate School Library to introduce students to fundamental informational literacy skills and encourage the love of reading necessary for lifelong learning.
Library lessons are designed to help students understand organization, resources, explore genres, accept responsibility, demonstrate citizenship and select appropriate level books for personal interest. Utilization of technology is frequent since the library catalog is an online web-based system, and we have access to a variety of credible online resources for research. Students will have the opportunity to learn responsible, ethical use of technology to locate information and to demonstrate knowledge of material. Throughout the year, students will practice keyboarding skills and learn many basics in word processing, presentation/production programs, spreadsheets and much more.
All students begin the year with an introduction or review of Library Citizenship and manners.
HOW TO BE A GOOD LIBRARY CITIZEN:
- Use a shelf marker.
- Use whisper level voices in the library.
- Use walking feet in the library.
- Choose a "just right" book.
- Take good care of library books.
- Do not write, scribble, draw in the books.
- Use a bookmark.
- Do not eat or drink around library books.
- Keep them in a safe, dry place, away from pets and younger siblings.
- Always carry books in a book bag or backpack.
- Return books on time!
See below for the slideshows of the GOLDEN SOWER Nominees for this year.
Tammi Japp, Arbor Park Library Media Specialist
Best time to reach me: 8:00am-9:30am or 3:00-4:00pm