PSAT and ASVAB
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- Students in grades 9 - 11 will be taking the PSAT
- Students in grade 12 will be taking the ASVAB
STAAR EOC Schedule - Fall 2018
- English I Retest - Monday, December 3, 2018
- Algebra I Retest - Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- English II Retest - Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Biology Retest - Thursday, December 6, 2018
- US History Retest - Friday, December 9, 2018
If you are unsure if your child needs to take an EOC retest, please contact Kari Davis to review your child's testing history at 817-245-0291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAAR EOC Schedule - Spring 2019
High school students must attain a passing level on STAAR End-of-Course (EOC) exams to be eligible to graduate. This year, the EOC exams will be administered to students on the following dates:
- English I - Tuesday, April 9
- English II - Thursday, April 11
- Algebra I - Monday, May 6
- Biology - Tuesday, May 7
- U.S. History - Wednesday, May 8
You can help your child be successful. If your child is enrolled in a tested subject, or needs to retake one of the exams to achieve a passing score, please ensure that he or she has had a good night's rest, eats a healthy breakfast, and arrives to school on time.
Please do not schedule any appointments or planned absences on these dates.
Credit by Exam
The Credit by Exam (CBE) process allows students to receive high school credit in some subjects by taking a content area exam, which are available through Texas Tech University and the University of Texas. CBEs must be administered by a CHS staff member on campus during the specific dates noted in the testing calendar. Students must score at least an 80 percent on the exam to receive high school credit. In some cases, BISD will pay for the exam fees. Please see your counselor for the CBE Request Form, which must be approved by both the student's parent or guardian, as well as by the student's counselor.
Please note that students are not allowed to take a CBE for the following subjects:
More information is available at the following links: