Board Members (term expires)
President: Roger Brees, SD DOT (2019)
Vice-President: Samantha Nichols, SD Dept. of Game, Fish and Parks (2020)
Treasurer: Linda Foster, Ferber Engineering Company (2020)
Secretary: Angela Tallon, Pennington County (2019)
Director: Curtis Price, SD School of Mines & Technology (2019)
Director: Kurt Chowanski, SD School of Mines & Technology (2020)
Director: Joseph Bungert, SD Dept. of Military (2019)
Director: Justin Huntley, AE2S (2020)
Director: Stacey Martin, Fall River County (2020)
Director: Danielle Moe, Frontier Precision (2019)
The purpose of the corporation is to provide a mechanism for communicating, developing, understanding, and sharing information related to digital geospatial data, maps, and technology. Areas of interest shall include, but not be limited to, natural resource management, land records, social and demographic information, facilities management, transportation, spatial data, and cartographic data of all types. The geographic area served by the corporation includes, but is not limited to, the Black Hills region of western South Dakota, eastern Wyoming, southeastern Montana, western Nebraska, and western North Dakota. The purpose of the corporation shall not be the production of income for distribution to the members of the Board of Directors.
The mission is focused in the following areas:
- To provide a unified voice on geospatial data, maps, and technology.
- To promote development of geospatial data, maps, and technology.
- To promote geospatial data interchange standards to facilitate data exchange.
- To promote sharing of new geospatial information and technology.
- To encourage cooperation and networking among members of the geospatial data community.
- To promote efficiency and reduce duplication of efforts among the geospatial data community.
- To promote the understanding of geospatial data to the user community and the public.