- Foster a classroom environment where students are free to grow and learn
- Students are able to learn to work hard and to work together
- The individual is respected, met, and encouraged for growth
- A positive and productive work environment
- Students love to learn
Be safe, be respectful, be responsible, be kind
I believe in positive reinforcement and clear expectations.
I use positive paws (the school-wide system) to reinforce individual behavior.
We have a marble-jar to reinforce whole-class behavior. When the students are all doing something well, they earn a marble in their jar. When the jar is full, the students earn a party!
I use LOTS of positive feedback with students.
I use private conversations with students when I need to reinforce a behavior that students are not doing.
8:00-10:40 Language Arts
1:20-2:35 Intervention/Social Studies or Science
Specials: Physical Education
12:25 Wednesday Dismissal
- 1 hour of work each night
- Given a packet Monday, due Friday
- 30 minutes of reading
- Spiral Math review page
Please make sure you sign the reading log.
Homework is not meant to be too hard to not be completed independently.
- Armstrong Redwoods
- Sonoma County Water Agency
- Water Treatment Plant
- Charles Schultz Museum and Snoopy Ice Arena
- 3 movie nights
- serve food
- charge for entry
- help pay for Alcatraz
- students need to attend
- parents can help
- tell your family and friends
Odds and Ends
Wednesday folders go home every Wednesday. They will have a class newsletter and lots of other important information.
Scholastic book orders go home, too! They have inexpensive books and help me to earn points so I can add to our classroom library!