Harf's 2020-2021 Firsties
- Read for 20 minutes every day-read books, utilize reading a-z, read recipes, read magazines, You Tube has books read to kids
- IXL and Moby Max have reading/language arts activities for first grade, see links in math suggestions
- Scholastic News in science suggestions counts as reading!
- addition and subtraction up to sums of 20
- telling time-hour and half hour
- counting like coins up to $1.00
- fractions ½. ¼ and 1 whole
- skip counting 2’s, 5’s and 10’s to 110
- count backwards from 30
- count by 1’s to 110
Science/Social Studies suggestions:
- Discuss and write about seasons and weather changes
- Discuss and write about Patriotic Symbols, Famous Americans and good citizenship during hard times
- Research any animals you see and learn about their habitat, seasonal changes of living, eating habits, etc.
- There are many links being posted throughout social media of virtual field trips. Enjoy these opportunities!
- Write letters to family and share what you are doing
- Keep a journal of your adventures
- Write letters to nursing home patients
- Email me, telling me a story